Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires come with 22" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just ordered our first Tesla yesterday, a Model X 100D. It will be my wife's daily driver to replace her Volvo XC90. We are both extremely excited to be finally joining the Tesla family!

We selected the 22" wheels mostly for style. I was told at the Tesla Store that the 22" wheels come with all season tires, but I can't seem to find anything online that confirms which tires come from the factory. We are in Colorado so having all season at a minimum is a must.

Anyone have the answer?

I tried searching on the forum but wasn't able to find the specific tires that come with the 22" wheels.

Agreed I think all non performance 22s came with the perellis. If I remember correctly the performance models got a summer performance tire back in 2017 when we took delivery.

We put 30k miles on the Perelli this past year. Does well in heavy rain and mild winter snow. Am pretty impressed with it’s performance thus far, think it is a all round decent tire. Based on treadwear likely have another 15k miles to go.

I had the 22" Pirelli Scorpions at delivery but paid for the 20". Got 2 days of skiing in Tahoe before swap back and they handled quit nice in snow & some ice. Try them, then get some 20" for the deep hard winter.

Does all-season mean M+S is on the sidewall? They check & require that in CA for AWD passing thru chain control.....

I had the 22" Pirelli Scorpions at delivery but paid for the 20". Got 2 days of skiing in Tahoe before swap back and they handled quit nice in snow & some ice. Try them, then get some 20" for the deep hard winter.

Does all-season mean M+S is on the sidewall? They check & require that in CA for AWD passing thru chain control.....

Colorado also requires the M+S on the sidewall for winter driving. I'll give them a try in the first light snow. Honestly my guess is they would be fine around Colorado Springs and Denver. We really don't get that much snow. But we will be driving the Model X to the ski resorts which obviously can get dicey.