Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What tires should I be hoping for on a MYLR with the default 19 inch wheels? All season? All weather? Made by whom?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYLR 3 months ago and am expecting to get it in the next 2 months.

I heard people mention that Tesla recently updated/improved the tires used in the MYLR with the default 19 inch wheels, is that right?

What are the improve tires called? Michellen All Season? Goodyear All Season? Or something else?

• Tesla does not have traditional model year designations for their vehicles.

The Long Range Model Y comes with either 19" Continental Procontact RX grand touring all-season tires (size 255/45R-19) or 20" Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric (M+S) ultra high performance all-season tires (size 255/40R-20). The OE all season tires do not have the three peaks with snowflake graphic molded into the sidewall. For tires that have the snowflake the manufacturer will state "Severe Snow Service Rated."

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...1476532505!b!!g!!&gclsrc=aw.ds&&affiliate=HM5
This is a post from Jcanoe from another post. The thing with Teslas is that you may not receive what you ordered. When I ordered there was no word of the 4680 batteries, new headlights or new 12v battery. They removed a speaker, radar and data from the spare ports around the car and use only the glovebox for data. Most changes are positive and you will find Tesla owners are overtly anal about changes to their cars. In this forum you will read every angle to love or hate a new change.

Mine came with the Continental tires 2 weeks ago. Some are getting the Michelin Pilot Sport 4's, which most feel are an upgrade. I kept mine in for 4 days and then put on snow tires from Pirelli. If it's dry it probably doesn't matter what tire you're running. Some get 40k from the stock tires and some get 10k, depending on how hard they are driving on them.

I put Vredestein Quatrac Pros on my 19" TSportline TSV rims. They have great traction and snow performance (really great for an all-weather tire to be honest) but have resonance and road noise transmission into the cabin, significantly more than my stock Uberturbines with Pirelli summer tires. I recently had to patch one of these tires but before I found a shop that would, I was considering new tires all around, and selling the road hazard replacement along with the remaining 3 used ones. Right now, the top tires I was/am considering for replacing these Quatrac Pros with later on are:

Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack
Pirelli P7 AS Plus 3
Goodyear ElectricDrive GT
General AltiMax RT43

These are all Touring tires because I'm not all that crazy about racing/traction performance. I'm more interested in the least amount of maintenance with the most amount of comfort since that's 95% of my driving in my MYP.

I live in the midwest so we get some snow here but there aren't any mandatory tire type requirements like Canadia has.