Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to buy? $60,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a tough time......budget of $60,000’ish and cannot decide between a used S - P90D - or a brand new 3. What do I do??????

I can’t seem to get past how much I dislike the looks of the 3, but love the tech! FSD seems pretty awesome (once turned on). Ami I missing that much?
Skip the Model S until Tesla redesigns. Model 3 is a much better built car - higher quality, tighter tolerances, better technology. It's funny to say this, but Tesla's current flagship is its least expensive model.

I was in a similar boat. Opted for an early 2016. The later 2016's were about 10K more because of the 2.0 camera hardware. Remember that if the car is 50K, you will have close to 5K in additional costs. So take that into account.

Best of luck with your decision...

Dave

"extra costs"? Taxes, license, etc? Or am i missing something?

For me it was about $3,700 in taxes. Then $196 for "License/Registration". Lastly spent $500 on the charger and about $600 to get it installed. The used list price was $51,500 (2016 90D).

Also just dropped $1,350 for 19" rims and tires.....21" tires came with the car (probably going to sell them though).

Last edited: