Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What To Buy For My New Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been asked before but my search kung-fu is poor. Anyway, I should have my new car in a few weeks and I'm looking for a list of goodies that people purchased for their new ride.

So far, I've got:

1. Left angle USB adapter
2. USB stick 256GB
3. Winter mats
4. Coat hooks
5. Flat tire kit
6. 50' 12/3 extension cord (for visiting relatives overnight)

Any other must haves?

Thanks!

Good call on the extension cord. Hadn't even thought of that. Do you want a list of attached aftermarket accessories or unattached? i.e. - tint, paint protection film or removable like the mats and hooks you mentioned? Do you want suggestions on cleaning/maintenance supplies?

Good call on the extension cord. Hadn't even thought of that. Do you want a list of attached aftermarket accessories or unattached? i.e. - tint, paint protection film or removable like the mats and hooks you mentioned? Do you want suggestions on cleaning/maintenance supplies?

I'm interested in everything. Although I might have some stuff covered other people can benefit too!

Presuming you are in the lower latitudes, good tint is indispensable unless you like preconditioning your car constantly - and even then, there's glare with which to contend.

Dashcams are similarly valuable - all the more so if you live in populated areas.

Coat hooks are inexpensive and, presuming you will have a pano roof, simple to install. Otherwise, you're left with the center seat S hook approach at best.

If you care about sound and plan to spend an inordinate amount of time in yer chariot, for that there's Reus Audio; accept no substitutes.

ChaDeMo adapter - of lessening value as the SC network slowly grows, it can also be indispensable in areas where SCs neither are not are likely to be. Note if you pay full fare, 50 uses equates to $10/use plus the cost of the power. If only occasional use is planned, note that there is a loaner/rental network.

Other adapters and a 25' 50A cable - again, ymmv. I can charge down to 110V. Have I needed to? No.

If you live in snow country, consider wrapping the car. If you don't, consider Opti-Coat Pro or Modesta. If you will lease, then never mind.

That's just off the top of my head.

Reactions: beantobe
From what type of installer?
The same guy that is doing my audio install. It's a pretty easy install for professional installers, so I figure while they have everything open, might as well throw two more wires in there. I have the UHFS ordered, but will upgrade all the speakers. I ordered and just received the NVX sub in the custom box - not the best sub, but the box is beautiful and fits perfect.

Regarding cleaning: There are whole threads on this and you can go nuts but I just got a ton of Griot's Garage stuff:

From Griot's Garage website:
- microfiber and foam pad cleaner
- interior cleaner
- window cleaner
- leather care
Various other manufacturer's and websites:
- Optimum no rinse wash and wax
- optibond tire gel
- optibond instant detailer
- abstract ocean LED interior lights
- wheel locks, tesla manufactured
- carbon fiber stem caps
- evannex carbon spoiler
- 12v USB dual
- drying towel
- fob case
- tire gauge
- fabric guard
- microfiber towels

Also, the ever present opticoat pro ceramic paint coating and clear front bra in material of your choice.

Sound is very important to me but since this is a lease my options are limited on that front.
Another dashcam suggestion - will have to learn more about this.

Generally so re the sound - however, for the sake of completeness, please note one thing about Reus installs. When you transition to the next Model S (or presumably Model 3 or X), Reus will migrate the components for the cost of labor. So essentially you buy the system one time, and then just pay to move it from car to car.

Ok, enough about that. Search for Blackvue 650 - there was another group but recently. You don't need the "magic box" module, which will be evident once you start researching. Search also for the thread about the dashcam footage resulting in the arrest of a member of the shallow end of the gene pool for, among other things, breaking into the same car twice.

Good luck. Insofar as the lease goes, when it comes down to it, pretty much anything except for tint and paint protection can be moved from car to car, and I don't know of many who pay for paint protection for a leased car.

The same guy that is doing my audio install. It's a pretty easy install for professional installers, so I figure while they have everything open, might as well throw two more wires in there. I have the UHFS ordered, but will upgrade all the speakers. I ordered and just received the NVX sub in the custom box - not the best sub, but the box is beautiful and fits perfect.

Regarding cleaning: There are whole threads on this and you can go nuts but I just got a ton of Griot's Garage stuff:

From Griot's Garage website:
- microfiber and foam pad cleaner
- interior cleaner
- window cleaner
- leather care
Various other manufacturer's and websites:
- Optimum no rinse wash and wax
- optibond tire gel
- optibond instant detailer
- abstract ocean LED interior lights
- wheel locks, tesla manufactured
- carbon fiber stem caps
- evannex carbon spoiler
- 12v USB dual
- drying towel
- fob case
- tire gauge
- fabric guard
- microfiber towels

Also, the ever present opticoat pro ceramic paint coating and clear front bra in material of your choice.

Great list. Thanks! I like the fob case and stem caps.

If you don't receive a center console for the front, I'd recommend reviewing the options available. I bought mine a year ago from EVannex Center Console Insert (CCI) for Tesla Model S. Tesla also sells one. I second the 2 bucket washing list, it saves a ton of water and can be easily done in the garage (to avoid heat/cold/excessive sunlight). I went with the OptiCoat Plus treatment and have been pleased with the results (if you know you want to do this immediately after purchase, be sure to tell your delivery contact not to have the car detailed before delivery). I purchased the all weather mats (including the trunk liner) before delivery (but I do that on every vehicle).

Reactions: beantobe