Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to buy??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at purchasing my first Tesla thanks to a Grant from the State of California and have been looking at buying either a 2018 Model S 75D with around 40000 miles on it or a new 2023 Model 3. I've driven both cars and the Tesla 3 reminds me of a Honda Civic with ride quality and noise levels while cruising the highways and the Model S reminds me of my Audi A6 Quattro or my honey's BMW M5 as far as ride quality and noise. I have around $45000 total to spend and would like the opinions of those most knowledgeable as all I've been doing is reading and getting overwhelmed.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sean

I would never own a Tesla out of warranty. The repair costs are just way to expensive.

Get the Model 3 with the 18 inch wheels. The 19 inch wheels are prone to damage with potholes and the ride is harsh, same as any low profile tire.

I would never own a Tesla out of warranty. The repair costs are just way to expensive.

Get the Model 3 with the 18 inch wheels. The 19 inch wheels are prone to damage with potholes and the ride is harsh, same as any low profile tire.

I had 19” wheels with similar profile tires on my previous Jaguar XF that is a overall a similar size and weight to the Model 3, and it rode like a dream and handling was very sporty.

Bottom line, the chassis and suspension engineers that designed the Model 3 flat out suck at their jobs.