TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What to check at delivery - What are the current issues to look out for in 2015

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by MisterT, Oct 29, 2015.

1. MisterT

MisterT Member

I expect to be taking delivery of my S 90D soon and was wondering if there are any quality or fit and finish issues that I should be on the lookout for before acceptance? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

Apart from a leaking pano roof, the cars seem pretty reliable and well put together

3. MisterT

MisterT Member

Did the leak get fixed to your satisfaction, and before any water damage to the inside of the car?

4. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

I didn't get a pano roof because every car I've ever bought with an opening roof leaks water sooner or later. I believe that others have had their leaks resolved, at least for now. Tesla have recently changed the seals I believe

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

My October 2014 build with pano roof is fine. It has been in more than one deluge without incident. Fit and finish have been perfect.

6. gizmonty

gizmonty Member

I've had persistent pano-roof leak issues. Now after the third repair attempt think it's OK, but it has been intermittent so I'm not convinced yet.

7. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

My October/November 2014 Model S has been back twice to Tesla. First at their request to check some bolts near the fuse box and last week to replace a faulty screen washer motor. Fit and finish are close to perfect.

8. MisterT

MisterT Member

:smile:Thanks for the info. Appreciate it. I picked up my car yesterday while the Melbourne Cup was being run!!! That will make it easy to remember!!! Wow, It is better than I remembered from the test drive. Adam told me it was the first 90D they had delivered which surprised me.