TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

What to consider when you buy a Tesla car?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Blythe0824, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Blythe0824

Blythe0824 New Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Hi dear all,
    I am a student in Durham University, Uk. I have a high interest in Tesla so I am now doing my final dissertation with Tesla Motors. Since my dissertation is relating to marketing orientation, so I need your guys some opinions. My research question is about what is the most important things for customers when you consider to buy Tesla. The answer can be design, function, price, safety, charging issue and so on. More details will be appreciated. I really need your help. Could you please take few minute to reply my post? Thank you all for helping me collect the data! Have a nice day!:biggrin:
  2. islandbayy

islandbayy Active Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Greendale, Wisconsin
    first on the list for me was how many bodies I can fit under the hood. that's why I paid two people in the show room to hop in. second, is it electric, third, can it go more then 80 miles on a charge.
  3. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Feb 11, 2008
    Sydney Australia
    A long time ago Elon posted his Secret Plan blog.
    Since that time, despite the ups and downs, everything that Tesla has done, like develop the Model S, roll out supercharging for free in 3 continents and give away it's patents shows that the mission Elon outlined is being closely followed. The credibility of such consistent actions is I believe one of Teslas greatest strengths.
    This credibility supported early adopters to wait for their vehicles, it helped to protect Tesla from shorts and probably helped gain the support of Daimler, Toyota and the US government.
    I decided to buy a Tesla long before I first saw a Model S as it was apparent from early on that Tesla was different and had credibility.
    The fact that the Model S turned out to be a spectacularly good car was simply icing on the cake.
    If I was doing a thesis on Tesla I would zero in on the role of credibility and it's influence on marketing.
  4. invisik

invisik Member

Mar 13, 2014
    For us...

1. The whole experience (buying the car, using the car, servicing the car) is a premium, personalized experience.
    2. We are not the super tree-hugger types but believe we can do things to help the environment, this is one of them
    3. Helping the advancement of electric cars as we believe they are the best replacement for ICE automobiles