Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do about problems after delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my new Model 3 SR+ a few days ago.

I did the recommended inspection test when I got home following an extensive checklist list I found on the web.

I found a few imperfections that I would want to have fixed. For example, there are uneven gaps between the rear panels and the main body of the car. The rear lights are not flush with the main body. Also the front door is sticking out a bit when closed. I am worried about water seeping through.

What do I need to do now with Tesla?

I did the recommended inspection test when I got home following an extensive checklist list I found on the web.

I found a few imperfections that I would want to have fixed. For example, there are uneven gaps between the rear panels and the main body of the car. The rear lights are not flush with the main body. Also the front door is sticking out a bit when closed. I am worried about water seeping through.

Photograph.
Book a service appointment in the app

As moa999 said. Unfortunately you will also need to recalibrate your own expectations. Tesla do not do german quality fit and finish

• Funny
Reactions: Max_G and Goandi
I’m surprised to read this is still such a big issue. My MIC was great when it came to panel gaps (by my eye at least.) I still look around to see if I can find any poor alignment every time I read one of these threads. I did adjust the bonnet pins but it was after I took the frunk out to fit the power kit.

Regarding the door sticking out, how far is it do you think?
My kids often have trouble closing the rear doors, so I fear if they pull it right in you may end up with similar issues. Depends on which will annoy you more I guess.

hope the rest of the experience goes ok, I’ve found Tesla seriously hit and miss when it comes to email correspondence.

• Helpful
Reactions: Goandi
I didn't notice this gap/alignment was so bad until I started driving home after delivery. Straight on it's not too bad, but when I'm driving and checking the driver's side mirror, it looks pretty bad. Does anyone know if they could fix this with a mobile service appointment?

Attachments

• IMG_9139.JPG
    IMG_9139.JPG
    359.7 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_9138.JPG
    IMG_9138.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_9137.JPG
    IMG_9137.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_9136.JPG
    IMG_9136.JPG
    387.2 KB · Views: 197
I didn't notice this gap/alignment was so bad until I started driving home after delivery. Straight on it's not too bad, but when I'm driving and checking the driver's side mirror, it looks pretty bad. Does anyone know if they could fix this with a mobile service appointment?
Looks twisted? You’re asking australian owners about the capability of US mobile service?

Reactions: Max_G