Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do at supercharging stations?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ancient carpet cleaning device... 6C27878E-7D2F-49E5-8977-B4F049E79203.jpeg

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: ModelX and P85_DA
I’m wondering for those that charges at supercharging stations on regular bases, what do you do with 45-60mins of your time?
My list of things to do while waiting...
1, enjoy cup of coffee n breakfast
2, catches up on my social media
3, if with hubby, enjoy my wine in PJ while listening to a podcast
4, sew buttons onto shirts or shorts
5, put on a face mask, foot mask and hand wraps
6, manicure n pedicure ( if alone, hubby can’t stand the smell)

I generally prefer supercharging with snacks. A nearby fast food joint is usually perfect, otherwise I just pull out the phone and catch an episode of something on netflix. Too bad, Tesla doesn't allow me to put it up on screen. Wish they'd allow it during supercharger stops; it'd be like a mini drive in movie!

Reactions: APotatoGod
I generally don't take 45 to 60 minutes at a Supercharger, as @animorph is alluding to. I use them on trips, and the long/short traveling rhythm means there just aren't long stops where I'm having to find things to do most of the time. It's either a long stop, where I am going to get a meal, so the car just charges as long as it can go while I'm busy having food, so I'm not waiting for it, or the stops are more like 15-20 minutes or so, where I'll just walk over to some place to get a coffee or iced tea or something, which fills up that amount of time, so I get back to the car and go, and I'm still not waiting for it.

+1

Drove LA —> SLC and back. Never waited for car.

Reactions: jboy210 and Rocky_H
I was supercharging at a very busy supercharger in LA last weekend and there was a women in a model S next to me. She was talking to her boyfriend/husband through Bluetooth in the car the whole time. As much as I tried not to listen, I could hear the whole conversation. Every other word from this guy’s mouth was f***k, s***t, etc etc. I mean I am not a prude or anything, but it got really annoying after 10-15 min. Fortunately, I finished charging and left.

Would you say anything in this situation or ignore?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I was supercharging at a very busy supercharger in LA last weekend and there was a women in a model S next to me. She was talking to her boyfriend/husband through Bluetooth in the car the whole time. As much as I tried not to listen, I could hear the whole conversation. Every other word from this guy’s mouth was f***k, s***t, etc etc. I mean I am not a prude or anything, but it got really annoying after 10-15 min. Fortunately, I finished charging and left.

Would you say anything in this situation or ignore?

My solution would be open bag. Take noise cancelling headset from bag. Put on headset and forget trying to change people's behavior.

Reactions: mastersword