Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do when Tesla charges ACH twice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla managed to debit twice the cost of my Model Y from my bank account! Two charges exactly the same amount. Now my balance on the order is negative $69K.
So far I’ve called the service center where delivery will be and sales guy in DC. All I have is they emailed corporate finance. Should I refuse delivery until it is resolved? Anyone have this issue?
Brian

Upvote 0
Yep, I did that. The ACH payments had already posted and unlike credit cards the only way to dispute the charges from the bank side is to report it as fraud. Both transactions are on my Tesla receipt and my order has a negative balance. I'm just not sure that I should take delivery until this is resolved. I never would in a traditional auto dealership.

Upvote 0
Yep, I did that. The ACH payments had already posted and unlike credit cards the only way to dispute the charges from the bank side is to report it as fraud. Both transactions are on my Tesla receipt and my order has a negative balance. I'm just not sure that I should take delivery until this is resolved. I never would in a traditional auto dealership.
If you would not do it at a traditional dealership, certainly don’t do it with Tesla. Once the sale is completed they could not care less about you as a customer.

Upvote 0
I love Tesla. I'm a stockholder, a fanboy, and have driven a Tesla since 2015. Trying to get a refund on a problem vehicle was one of those frustrating and kind of frightening experiences of my life. It should not be that hard but they do not treat the customer with any respect whatsoever. This was two years ago, I would hope things have changed, but for me it was six weeks of dead ends by phone, text, email, in person visits, etc. People will promise you a response in x number of days and invariably it will not happen. Eventually a check did show up. So at least there's that, but I was on the verge of pursuing legal action.

Upvote 0