TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What to do with my Model S while in Hawaii for 25 days

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AlisoJames, Sep 28, 2013.

1. AlisoJames

AlisoJames Member

My wife and I go to Hawaii each year around New Year's for around 3 weeks R & R. It happens to be the slowest time of the year in my business and there is no place more relaxing than Hawaii. This year we are spending 25 days on The Big Island from Dec. 30 - Jan. 23. In addition to the thought of having to rent an ICE to get around the island I have also been thinking about what to do with my Model S while we are away. Should I let my son in law drive it (they live next door) or just leave it plugged in? In a perfect world a MS owner in Kona will see this and think - I could go to California for 25 days and we could swap cars :smile:

Seriously though, now that Hertz has announced they are renting the Model S at LAX for $500 a day, could I actually consider renting it? Would someone on this board be interested in renting it for a much lower rate (say $250 a day)? Setting aside all the immediate questions that come to mind like:

1. Do I want someone else driving my baby (my wife has still not driven it).
    2. Insurance
    3. Will they give it back when we return ....

Could this actually work?