Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with OEM Model 3 springs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I tried to hunt down info on this before posting. This is my first post.

I had Unplugged Performance install their "mild" lowering springs for me and now I don't know what to do with the original springs. At first I thought I would keep them just in case, but I am happy with the new springs and these are taking up precious space in my garage. Any suggestions? I realize I could just post them on Craigslist but I have no idea if they would sell, if they can be used in anything other than a Model 3, how to price them or what. I just don't know enough about car parts to make an educated decision. Should I just sell them for scrap or recycle?

Btw, I'm really happy with these mild springs. Coming from a Lexus the Tesla ride has taken some getting used to and the mild springs really help. I'm really enjoying my Tesla now, this car is fun as $*&@ to drive!

Taking up precious space? You make it sound like they're the size of the car itself!! LOL :)

Personally, I'd keep them just in case you ever sell the car and the new owner wants them. I personally almost always do modifications to any car I buy (wheels, grilles, lowering for cars where it's necessary and it is necessary on the Model 3, etc). I always keep the stock parts until I sell the car. If the owner doesn't ask for them or want them, then I'll sell them. Otherwise, if they want them, I give them to the new owner as part of the sale of the car. Better to be able to say yes. Now, wheels and tires, those take up precious space. Springs?? Put a few nails on the wall of the garage and hang them up so their out of the way! Problem solved. Or throw them in a closet.

Reactions: linkster
Make a children's bouncy toy.
That's a scary thought.
toy-story-1995-sids-toys.jpg