Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with Tempest wheels and summer tires in PNW area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two months I took delivery of Model S LR with 19'' Tempest wheels and since then I realized that:
(1) I should have chosen 21'' Arachnids for aesthetics, despite higher price and lower range
(2) I have summer Pirelli tires. I live in Seattle area, with occasional snow in winter, so I don't feel like taking this risk. I also would prefer to do bother with exchanges every season.

So my goal is go from where I am to (1) 21'' wheels and (2) All season tires. I think I have several options:

(1) [Leaning to this option] Buy Arachnid wheels and winter tires from Tesla as soon as they become available (out of stock now), and then swap between summer Tempest and winter Arachnids until both wear off. By this time all-seasons for Arachnids will be available and I can switch to all-season after that. The risk is that they may not become available before winter starts.
(2) Try to exchange my Tempest wheels to Arachnid wheels and then look for all-season tires. I am very bad at this sort of thing (buying/selling/exchanging direct) and suspect it will be hard given that my Tempest tires already have 1.3K miles and the bigger problem is that it appears like this is no good all-season tires for Arachnids.

Recommendations? Any others in the similar situation?

Im in the same boat as you - came with summer tires (I mean, really?! I would have thought all season but summer?!) Anyway, I'm on east coast (virginia) and need to decide to go all-season or winter tires. Eitherway will likely need to get another set of rims (sigh). However I'll be sticking with 19". Can't believe tesla's sold out of the winter package. I'm trying to find alternative as we speak.