Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do with the Leaf

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any unique or “out of the box” thinking for what to do with the old Electric vehicles that are almost worthless?

Our Nissan Leaf is a 2011with 30k miles and the range has dropped to a max charge of 45 miles. I can have a new battery pack installed for 5k but the value of the car Is only 2.5k and it won’t be worth much more if I put the new battery pack in.

Any ideas?

We sold ours back to the Nissan dealer, which offered the same as Carmax. Dealer claimed they had a low income buyer that was looking for one. We would have just gifted the car to the low income buyer (if the claim was actually true), but the dealer wouldn't give any information. Ours was a 2012 and the max charge was the same at 45 miles. We mentioned to family it was free for the taking, but nobody wanted it.

About a month after we sold the car back to the dealer, I found out a local community college was looking for EV donations for their auto shop classes. I would have gone this route instead of selling back to the dealer. Next time....

Was going to say C/L but then it could have been elsewhere. Will check my history . . .

Even greentecauto.com has them tested (full set) for $2.8k. I've ordered several modules from them, top quality.
--

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gene
Some forum members are so touched by some new information.
They have emotions but are incapable of really stating anything for a "counterargument" :p

This is why most social media websites do NOT have thumbs down buttons.