Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to do?

Stay With Original or Go Red?

• Plaid MSM White with Carbon Fibre 21"

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Plaid Red Black with Carbon Fibre 21"

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ohmster

Lunatic@Large
Supporting Member
What to do?

Those of you following my 18 month saga know that I'm starting to get antsy. Well here's the situation. What would you do?

Original
  • Due date >4/5
  • I lose my current financing deal of 1.24%/65 months because I can't provide the MVPA by 3/30
Proposed (They just matched me with)
  • Plaid Red Black with Carbon Fibre 21"
  • VIN is 473XXX (built 3/11)
  • Pick up within next 3 days
  • Hold on to my current pricing (I actually am down 1k due it being black interior)
  • I keep current loan at 1.24%/65 months.

What say you all?

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What to do?

Those of you following my 18 month saga know that I'm starting to get antsy. Well here's the situation. What would you do?

Original
  • Due date >4/5
  • I lose my current financing deal of 1.24%/65 months because I can't provide the MVPA by 3/30
Proposed (They just matched me with)
  • Plaid Red Black with Carbon Fibre 21" VIN is 473XXX (built 3/11)
  • Pick up within next 3 days
  • Hold on to my current pricing (I actually am down 1k due it being black interior)
  • I keep current loan at 1.24%/65 months.

What say you all?
If price isn't a big deal, red all the way imo. You'll like love it, and the red is much more unique imo.

Red for sure. I am biased though. My Vote would be whatever I can get sooner and is Refresh 2.0.
Thanks. Red satisfies both those. MSM satisfies the latter only. But it's a matter of a few days and the loss of a great rate and having to reapply for financing with another credit pull too.....so.....the red is hot, always loved. Thought it was too 'loud' for me, but what the hell. Only thing holding me back now is the black interior. It's what I had in my '17S, but my wife had the white in her '17X and now '22YP, and it's just drop dead stunning. Black is black. I don't have to worry about my jeans... :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
@Ohmster I would say stick with what you really wanted and ordered. The red one is likely a reject or damaged and repaired for EoQ car - as many other offered cars have been.

I would also recommend 19” wheels, not Tesla’s, but aftermarket forged - rather than giving Tesla yet another$4500 for heavy cast 21” wheels. Not only will you have premium forged 19s, you will also have the stockers for winter or all season tires.

E0DD499E-9B2F-4B2E-995E-D3F31AFA05BE.jpeg

@Ohmster I would say stick with what you really wanted and ordered. The red one is likely a reject or damaged and repaired for EoQ car - as many other offered cars have been.

I would also recommend 19” wheels, not Tesla’s, but aftermarket forged - rather than giving Tesla yet another$4500 for heavy cast 21” wheels. Not only will you have premium forged 19s, you will also have the stockers for winter or all season tires.

View attachment 787251
Thanks. This is not a damaged one. It’s fresh off the line. I’m checking with them to see if it is a reject. My Advisor was adamant there was nothing available until I loosened my criteria a bit. Then he was pretty excited when he found this one.

I like the 21’s. Also, am in SoCal. No winters here. :)

Have also secretly liked the red but didn’t think I could pull it off. Same exact thing happened back in ‘17. I went with the black then instead.

I love how my wife’s MYP looks.

View attachment 787251
Love the wheels. Details? sizes a purchase?