Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to expect when you're expecting (Australia Delivery Process)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the surcharge on credit cards?
This is at the Mulgrave VIC site:
IMG_2425.jpg

I have had a VIN assigned for two weeks (hidden, viewable with Chrome VIN finder extension) and I got the "Your Model Y delivery is approaching" text on 24/10. The VIN appeared on RAV this afternoon and my EDD is currently showing as November 3 - 17. I don't yet have a final invoice in my account though. Is that unusual? I thought I would have it by now. Does anyone know when I can expect it?

I have had a VIN assigned for two weeks (hidden, viewable with Chrome VIN finder extension) and I got the "Your Model Y delivery is approaching" text on 24/10. The VIN appeared on RAV this afternoon and my EDD is currently showing as November 3 - 17. I don't yet have a final invoice in my account though. Is that unusual? I thought I would have it by now. Does anyone know when I can expect it?
That's unusual. I'd suggest checking that you've completed all of the activities in your account.

Strange, but with the pre-delivery process you can count on the unexpected. I'd suggest calling them, particularly if you're financing with another provider and they require need the invoice to be issued in a specific manner.

I can't see any missing activities. There seems to be some missing text in the "Next Steps" section though. Looks a bit weird. I'll try giving Tesla a call tomorrow.
Hope you get through to them and sort it out. I detested this screen on the account, it doesn't correctly or accurately tell you where you are or what you actually need to do next IMHO. Nowhere did it tell me clearly that I had to fill and send in the rego form (for Victoria at least). It also suggested the invoice was imminent or already somewhere there waiting when it wasn't, for quite some time.

Tesla might also need to unjam things if the process has been blocked because it's waiting for that registration, trade-in or finance.

• Informative
Reactions: Missimpatient
The email I got about it said return it by replying to the email with an attachment. The address was [email protected] (for Victoria). Don't leave it to delivery day. Your vehicle won't be registered and you won't be able to drive it away!
Thanks mate, i forgot about the email & text message. I had to ring them for something else yesterday anyway and asked them. All sorted now.

Reactions: dmov
How long did it take to get your invoice?
I have hidden VIN and new EDD window (which keeps getting earlier) but no invoice.
I also haven't had any email or text from Tesla yet. The rego form is there but no instructions on what to do with it.
Should I be expecting comms from them soon?

How long did it take to get your invoice?
I have hidden VIN and new EDD window (which keeps getting earlier) but no invoice.
I also haven't had any email or text from Tesla yet. The rego form is there but no instructions on what to do with it.
Should I be expecting comms from them soon?
Make sure that you've completed everything and answered all of the questions. Tesla won't issue the invoice until you do.
It's not intuitive, for my second Tesla order I didn't realise that because I hadn't decided on a trade-in that they were holding back issuing an invoice.

Make sure that you've completed everything and answered all of the questions. Tesla won't issue the invoice until you do.
It's not intuitive, for my second Tesla order I didn't realise that because I hadn't decided on a trade-in that they were holding back issuing an invoice.
Thanks. It says the next steps is 'review your final invoice and make your final payment' but no invoice available yet. The registration document is available but there doesn't apoear to be instructions on what to do with it. I've only had my hidden VIN and updated EDD for a couple of days. From what I've read the invoice can take a few days, is that right?

Thanks. It says the next steps is 'review your final invoice and make your final payment' but no invoice available yet. The registration document is available but there doesn't apoear to be instructions on what to do with it. I've only had my hidden VIN and updated EDD for a couple of days. From what I've read the invoice can take a few days, is that right?
The invoice is typically issued between 2 days to 2 weeks after a VIN is assigned. If more than two weeks has passed, reach out to Tesla.

Hey guys , couple of questions hopefully someone could help?
1. On delivery day, do you guys use some sort of checklist which you could find online to check your car?
2. anyone recently picked up RWD could help to confirm the car still come town matrix headlight?

Thanks guys