Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to leave at the body shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Just got my Model 3 a week ago and I'll be getting PPF and Tint done at the body shop. Silly question, but do you simply leave one keycard with them? Will I need to turn on valet mode at all?

Thanks!

Hey all,

Just got my Model 3 a week ago and I'll be getting PPF and Tint done at the body shop. Silly question, but do you simply leave one keycard with them? Will I need to turn on valet mode at all?

Thanks!

Just leave one of the key cards with them, but do NOT turn on valet mode. They need to be able to open both the trunk and the frunk to install the PPF, so valet mode should be disabled.

Just in case you have a third party app such as Stats for Tesla, make sure to shut off the auto lock feature. My Stats for Tesla app will automatically lock the car if it has been parked and unlocked for a couple minutes. Once it locked while I had the car in the PPF place to get a piece of PPF replaced. Oops.

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
Just leave one of the key cards with them, but do NOT turn on valet mode. They need to be able to open both the trunk and the frunk to install the PPF, so valet mode should be disabled.

Just in case you have a third party app such as Stats for Tesla, make sure to shut off the auto lock feature. My Stats for Tesla app will automatically lock the car if it has been parked and unlocked for a couple minutes. Once it locked while I had the car in the PPF place to get a piece of PPF replaced. Oops.
Got it. Thanks for helping out!

got my M3 yesterday and looking for same question and found this thread. thanks for sharing key points. but one quick question. So leave one keycard with them. should i leave the one i pair with my phone or the spare one? also, should i create a new driver profile for them as mine i have added pin.