Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What to spend new TSLA wealth on (out of main)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concrete plant pot from Ikea:
boysenbaer-plant-pot-in-outdoor-light-grey__0674256_PE717654_S5.JPG

Thats what we did and we are very happy with it too.

I feel like such a dork. I used some of my recent TSLA profits to completely pay off my med school loans. I thought that was pretty cool...until I read you bought a motorcycle.

Congratulations, that is awesome! We used to kid a guy I worked with that sold some ISO to buy a Miata, that if he’d waited few years, it could have been a Ferrari. Now I look at that as so passé, the analogy is now a 3 and a Roadster.

Tip the dealer.

Edit: sorry I’m bragging, but I’ve fantasized about an X for 7 years, but I am not rich. I plotted and schemed. And then bought the most expensive one I could with cash. And it’s GLORIOUS.

Attachments

• 6A34956B-0C06-4EE5-9703-12E9A81C0CB3.jpeg
    6A34956B-0C06-4EE5-9703-12E9A81C0CB3.jpeg
    524.7 KB · Views: 179
  • FB6FCE7E-06EB-45ED-BAE2-6B64D30401B9.jpeg
    FB6FCE7E-06EB-45ED-BAE2-6B64D30401B9.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I called in my Day 1 Pre-reveal reservation and bought a Model 3 from options gains. Still holding onto my shares. Just picked it up yesterday and the fit and finish was stellar. Leaps and bounds better than the one I rented on Turo in 2018. I'm over the moon.

Reactions: EinSV
Everything is going super fantastic and, as even that one bearish analcyst admitted, there are no major plausible negative events that can really happen anytime soon. We're gonna bust 1000 by next week and we're gonna keep going. There is some psychological effect here where the (relatively, compared to the last few years) high price actually legitimizes higher prices in the mind of more basic, amateur investors. This thing is gonna snowball in a big way.
@StealthP3D I've really been taking a lot of your advice to heart lately, decided to live a little with some of these outrageous profits and I bought a motorcycle today straight cash. I gotta have SOMETHING to haul around in my Cybertruck right?

I'm super optimistic, you really can't get me down at this point
View attachment 513276
This was the top

Reactions: SpaceCash
“Wealth is what you take from the world; worth is what you give back.”

— Mark Goulston

I'm formalizing more of my long-range plans:

1. Get rid of any debts
2. Philanthropy. Apply 1-2% of my wealth (thanks a lot to TSLA).

I'm still on path with what I've always wanted to do with my life. I read this quote in my mid-20's while at a tech company (as an Engineer at the time) and taking a Social Entrepreneurship course for my MBA. It's where I got a lot of my thinking around volunteering, donating, investing, life-views, etc.

Just trying to get started, even more, on the 2nd leg of this quote going forward.

Reactions: EinSV and pz1975
Been looking at collectables to buy. Figured the Nintendo mii figurines are good. Find a hobby, build up a collection.

Maybe start another company and use that to give back to the community and yeah. Some time of charity. But not donations to charities. I want to set aside a certain $$$ amount and actually help someone with a sad story back to their feet.