Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of car is Model 3 replacing for you?

What type of car is Model 3 replacing for you?

• EV (Leaf, Model S, etc)

Votes: 74 16.1%
  • Hybrid (Prius, Volt, etc)

Votes: 76 16.5%
  • ICE Sedan

Votes: 187 40.6%
  • ICE SUV

Votes: 39 8.5%
  • ICE Truck

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • None (First car or not a replacement)

Votes: 31 6.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Chevy Volt... which hopefully can be sold privately, and for a decent price given their recent upgrades. Probably not though.

Wife's 2013 Leaf lease expires in July. Unsure what to do. Don't want to be stuck on their 30 kwh battery until mid-2019 when even Chevy (which after their press to stop Tesla direct sales I've felt gross being in) is going to have a car with 2x greater range out for 2.5 years at that point. Badly timed lease...

2004 BMW 3-series coupe

3 seems to be a special number for me when it comes to cars:

My first car was a 1996 VW Golf III TDI. Then came my current BMW 3-series. And the next should be the Model 3, plus it will be my third car.

Well, as the saying goes, Great trilogies come in threes :)

Last edited:
Nothing for us - it'll be an addition to the fleet. My fiancee really likes the idea of always having a SUV, so we'll keep her Nissan Rogue and the Model 3 will assume her daily driving duties. Once the Model Y comes out, the Model 3 may transition to me as the primary driver :).

This is my first post and I'm excited about the model 3 reveal. I have been patiently waiting for this day to come ever since I first was introduced to the world of Tesla cars a couple of years ago by a good friend of mine, who is also a frequent member of this forums (Hingisfan). This model 3 will be replacing my Dodge Caliber SX.

Reactions: C141medic
Acura TSX Sportwagon.
DSC_8439-X2.jpg

Other: ICE Hatchback.

It'll be replacing my 2013 Honda Fit. As a tall person, I'm concerned about legroom and headroom for the driver. The Fit is amazingly spacious so it might be a tough transition or a deal breaker if the Model 3 is too small.

One of our Kia Soul EVs will be replaced by the M3, hoping for delivery around Q2 2018!
The Soul EV has a 7 year warranty here, so the other one might be sold at a later point in time for a longer range ~60kWh EV.