Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of cleaner/conditioner do you use on a black interior door panel sections?

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
How do you keep your black interior door panels looking good? Mine always seem to attract dust or something that makes them look a bit dirty.

Do you use any specific cleaner/conditioner - sort of an equivalent to what you may apply to your tires to make them look black and nicer. Just looking for something that someone else with a Black interior model S has tried and is satisfied with.

SilverGS

Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Oh man, Water and clean cloth! Kinda boring, but it works great.
Tried that already and it lasts only as long as you do it every single time you drive the car lol. Don't know what it is about that surface that attracts stains so much. On my previous car with a black leather interior ( Lexus GS400), I never had this issue.

BrianS85

Dec 1, 2018
San Diego, CA
303 Aerospace protectant is pretty good. It’s the least shiny protectant I’ve found. Having said that, I don’t use it on my interior as I’m not a fan of any shininess at all. However, I use the 303 multi purpose cleaner to clean up all the interior scuffs and stains.

Reactions: SilverGS

SoCal Buzz

Supporting Member
Oct 9, 2018
Orange County, CA, USA
Damp towel and a bit of diluted Simple Green works great to remove any dirt, grease, etc. without leaving any chemicals or residue. PS-lemon variety smells better. Good for the dash and non-leather seats too.

StanMI

Jun 21, 2019
Michigan
Mine is a 2016 when Tesla still had leather seats in the S & X

As always...... I know nothing !!!! LOL

I've always used 303 for cleaning and keeping everything looking clean for Leather. (I was going to say Pleather, since that's what most automotive leather really is, but I didn't want to be wrong again. Just in case.)

aerodyne

Nov 19, 2018
Los Angeles
I second the COSTCO microfiber for the vinyl black interior bits. Recently tried Meguirs Interior detailer, seems to work with no side effects to date. Reason being it states "Safe for all surfaces"
I have also been using it on the second Gen leather seats.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC