Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of plates do you have?

What type of plates do you have?

• Other combination or type (Please Specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have both slimline and standard plates that I can use for my Model X coming in May. I'm pretty sure I will go with the slimline front and back combination. I'm still tossing up whether I go with a standard size plate on the back but I think I need to see them in the flesh to see the aesthetics of it.

So what combination do you guys have? Feel free to share pictures of the front and back if you like.

So you cool Aussies.... I presume the slimline is like this...

images

while the standard ones are like this...???

images

Or am I way off???

When I visited 30 years ago, I started in Cannes (dove the GBR), traveled down the coast and left from Brisbane...

Looks like I missed the "civilized" part where all the Superchargers are currently located.

In the U.S., we only have one size, but the customization is fun...

License Plates.jpg

I currently have both slimline and standard plates that I can use for my Model X coming in May. I'm pretty sure I will go with the slimline front and back combination.

I have slimline front and back, which is also how they are delivered in VIC if you don't supply your own plates.

I recently had a browse through the Spotted Thread to get an idea of what each plate type looks like on the car before ordering custom plates.

Here's a Model X with slimline rear plate and here's a Model X with full size rear plate

Here is a picture off Google Image Search. Standard are roughly the same size as your plates and slimline are thinner.

Cool, what is the max number of characters you can have for personalized plates? What is the cost?

In Texas, I can get 7 characters plus a star, heart or Texas emblem, cost is up to $100/year for personalized.

Standard are roughly the same size as your plates and slimline are thinner.

Standard are ~370mm by ~130mm whereas slimline are ~370mm by ~100mm

They do vary by a few mm between states - in WA they're 372x134 and 372x100, in TAS they're 370x130 and 370x100(and they only supply one slimline plate) and in VIC the slimlines are 100mm high but the width depends on the number of characters on the plate

American plates are 12" by 6" or 305mm x 152mm so they're shorter and taller than even our standard plates.
These can optionally be ordered in Victoria as well.

I much prefer your plate dimensions, either format... probably cause I can get it here

With the cost of gas in Australia almost twice the price in the U.S., I suspect that is a significant push for EVs there.

With the cost of gas in Australia almost twice the price in the U.S., I suspect that is a significant push for EVs there.

It would be, except there are no government incentives and the vast majority of manufacturers refuse to bring their EVs to Australia until that changes, meaning the only (new) EVs for sale here right now are the BMW i3, the Tesla Model S and the Tesla Model X - and a handful of short range plug-in hybrids.

In addition there's a Luxury Car Tax that results in the i3 and Teslas being ridiculously expensive, so nobody buys an EV for the fuel savings alone (it would take decades to pay off)