Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What type of station is this? (Update: it’s an Electrify America station)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pluto

is a Planet
Nov 17, 2015
Auburn, AL
I found a new permit for a fast charging station at Walmart in Stockton; it’s literally 800 feet away from the other fast charging station being installed in Stockton -_- Anyways I was wondering what network it would be.

There are going to be 8 pedestals and 10 175kW chargers. It sounds like some pedestals will be connected to multiple chargers. I searched for 175kW charging stations in CA and it sounds like this will be an EVgo station. Is that right?

Here’s the permit:
D2457190-813A-4C57-9B9B-82338CA7D038.png

I think I saw in one of the other Supercharger threads that it would take a Supercharger to cost that much to build. But the recent Superchargers were either 72kW, or 145kW shared. They have been talking about V3 Superchargers that are more powerful, but I thought the rumor was they would have batteries to absorb power and even out the draw from the provider so they limit the demand charges on their power bill. There is a Stockton Supercharger shown on Tesla.com/FindUs that says it will open in 2019

-Randy

Last edited: