Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What UNEXPECTED Feature Do You Love/Hate After Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the one pedal driving and less braking, the stereo is good and I like the Tesla streaming stations, Spotify is nice to have. The glass sunroof is great and dark enough to keep the sun out.

Not loving the lack of blind spot warning (prefer the indicators on the mirrors), can’t believe it does not have cross traffic warning when backing up!!!, the lane keep assist is not active at lower speeds, auto steer doesn’t stay on long (beta),

Reactions: thedm96
Some unexpected (and honestly quite trivial) “negatives” since delivery in late December 2019:
- I thought being able to use my phone as a key would be great and very convenient. However, the passive unlock capability rarely ever works for me. Ended up getting the $150 key fob. On the plus side, it’s a nice looking fob.
- I knew it didn’t have a 360 camera, but I really wish it did. That feature is great.
- Voice commands only work when there is cell reception.
- Manually opening/closing the trunk like a pleb (half joking.. maybe)
- And finally.. I’m mildly surprised by the number of Tesla haters I’ve encountered on the road. I had been oblivious to this prior to getting one. Is this my karma for years of hating on Prius drivers??

I’ve yet to try one pedal driving, but after reading so much positive feedback on this thread, I’m definitely going to give it a try.

Reactions: DrtyJrze
Some unexpected (and honestly quite trivial) “negatives” since delivery in late December 2019:
- I thought being able to use my phone as a key would be great and very convenient. However, the passive unlock capability rarely ever works for me. Ended up getting the $150 key fob. On the plus side, it’s a nice looking fob.
- I knew it didn’t have a 360 camera, but I really wish it did. That feature is great.
- And finally.. I’m mildly surprised by the number of Tesla haters I’ve encountered on the road. I had been oblivious to this prior to getting one. Is this my karma for years of hating on Prius drivers??

I’ve yet to try one pedal driving, but after reading so much positive feedback on this thread, I’m definitely going to give it a try.

-My phone unlock has been sketchy as well the last few days. If it remains an issue I’ll just unlock through the app. $150 for a Fob is steep when the cards are only $25.

-Abstract ocean sells auto pop up struts for the trunk/frunk. They’re $50, and discount codes are everywhere.

- What do you mean by Tesla hate? No, Prius drivers EARNED all of the hate they get, hahaha.

• Funny
Reactions: Spacep0d and Sherlo
I was surprised to find this is not included anymore and now is a $300 option that requires an hour service appointment!!!

If my sales advisor is right, it's done at your home, and labor is included. A field service must cost Tesla at least $200 on average, so I guessing they were having too many service issues with various garage openers, so to reduce tech support, they are now installing it for $300 and you get the transmitter for free?

Built in cameras!!

I'd been meaning to install dash cam in my previous car. Never got around to doing it. Didn't want to pull back trim and run wires.

Well unfortunately I had someone cause a collision with me this week. The accident could be construed on paper as 50/50. But with the Tesla dashcam footage, I have undisputable proof it was the other party at fault.

-My phone unlock has been sketchy as well the last few days. If it remains an issue I’ll just unlock through the app. $150 for a Fob is steep when the cards are only $25.

-Abstract ocean sells auto pop up struts for the trunk/frunk. They’re $50, and discount codes are everywhere.

- What do you mean by Tesla hate? No, Prius drivers EARNED all of the hate they get, hahaha.

I’m very tempted to try the pop up struts but a couple of factors have prevented me from doing so thus far. 1) Some folks have brought up the concern of causing undue stress to the hinges. As a non-engineer, I wouldn’t know the validity of that concern and we likely won’t find out until sometime down the line? 2) It’ll be harder for my SO to close the trunk, who already isn’t so great with it (I know I know, get a new girlfriend or take her keys away and problem solved, right?)

Tesla hate. Aggressively being cut off, sneered at, or honked at while unprovoked (you know, normal things everyone does to Prius drivers :) ). Just something I’ve noticed more so in the Model 3 than in any other car I’ve owned, which includes your standard assortment of generally agreed upon douche-mobiles of the German variety. One may think that I only notice it because I was expecting it, but like I said, I was completely oblivious that such a thing had existed. Now it’s apparent given that I follow TSLA more closely and see various comments across various forums.

Typed on phone. Please excuse any lapses in grammar and in general coherency.

I’m very tempted to try the pop up struts but a couple of factors have prevented me from doing so thus far. 1) Some folks have brought up the concern of causing undue stress to the hinges. As a non-engineer, I wouldn’t know the validity of that concern and we likely won’t find out until sometime down the line? 2) It’ll be harder for my SO to close the trunk, who already isn’t so great with it (I know I know, get a new girlfriend or take her keys away and problem solved, right?)

Tesla hate. Aggressively being cut off, sneered at, or honked at while unprovoked (you know, normal things everyone does to Prius drivers :) ). Just something I’ve noticed more so in the Model 3 than in any other car I’ve owned, which includes your standard assortment of generally agreed upon douche-mobiles of the German variety. One may think that I only notice it because I was expecting it, but like I said, I was completely oblivious that such a thing had existed. Now it’s apparent given that I follow TSLA more closely and see various comments across various forums.

Agree on the strut concerns, that’s why I’ve personally held out, even though manually lifting the trunk feels like I’ve been transported back to 1989. Hopefully Tesla designs some new struts that we can just swap out.

I see. I’ll have to be more attentive. My biggest concern is parking hate, not so much driving. You can’t snark at what you can’t catch ;)

I get way more “shade” for my choice in vehicles when I drive our BMW’s.

Hate (?)
-- Low profile tires that seem to find curbs where none existed! Totally my fault, but I'll blame the car.
-- No wiper stalk. (Auto mode vastly improved with software update however)
-- No CarPlay

Love
-- Absolutely everything else!
-- And the Qi wireless charger for my iPhone.

• Funny
Reactions: Spacep0d

Oh man i love the phone as a key bit. It has worked every single time no issues. One pedal driving is awesome as well

Reactions: Florafauna
Red M3P bumper paint didn’t match the resr of the body. Sent it back for paint correction. Rattle in passenger door also being rectified will take a couple of weeks

5EDD7F15-E209-4125-BEBA-C0C1BE80231E.png