Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What version of FSD comes with a new model Y on day one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will receive a new Model Y in a month and I ordered FSD with the car. Will I be able to use any version of FSD on day one?

Most of the discussions here involve the beta and specific software versions, but if I've paid for FSD, does that mean I get some older version of FSD?
I understand a new car comes with autopilot. Does that include navigate on autopilot?

Sorry for the basic question.

I will receive a new Model Y in a month and I ordered FSD with the car. Will I be able to use any version of FSD on day one?

Most of the discussions here involve the beta and specific software versions, but if I've paid for FSD, does that mean I get some older version of FSD?
I understand a new car comes with autopilot. Does that include navigate on autopilot?

Sorry for the basic question.
Never apologize for asking a question. You will get a factory version of the firmware, and then in a few days, possibly a week or two, you will be updated to the latest general code branch. You'll see the FSD Beta request button that allows you to ask to be invited into the FSD Beta (Autosteer on City Streets). You then have to prove safe driving and AP use for awhile until Tesla invites more people into the Beta.

But be careful about asking to get in the Beta. It's an early release and has issues that you'll need to be extra careful and report to Tesla.

No, navigate on autopilot is part of the Enhanced Autopilot and FSD packages. You need to purchase either of those packages to get it. It does not come basic with the car.

If you pay for the FSD package, you get all the FSD features currently released wide. You get navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, auto park, smart summon and traffic light and stop sign control. Later, Tesla will release "autosteer on city streets" to all people who paid for FSD. FSD Beta is essentially the full FSD that includes "autosteer on city streets", just in beta form. FSD beta basically means you get to test a beta version of "autosteer on city streets" early.

The order page when you buy the car tells you what features you get.

vchpB46.png

Last edited:
No, navigate on autopilot is part of the Enhanced Autopilot and FSD packages. You need to purchase either of those packages to get it. It does not come basic with the car.

If you pay for the FSD package, you get all the FSD features currently released wide. You get navigate on autopilot, auto lane change, auto park, smart summon and traffic light and stop sign control. Later, Tesla will release "autosteer on city streets" to all people who paid for FSD. FSD Beta is essentially the full FSD that includes "autosteer on city streets", just in beta form. FSD beta basically means you get to test a beta version of "autosteer on city streets" early.

The order page when you buy the car tells you what features you get.

vchpB46.png
Hi,

Consider one of purchasing one of the used cars they are adding FSD as a thank you for buying from them