TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

What Version of Homelink Does the Model S Have?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by GlennAlanBerry, Dec 6, 2014.

1. GlennAlanBerry

Does anyone know what version of Homelink would be in a May 2013 production Model S ?

Apparently, Homelink transitioned from Version 3 to Version 4 in late 2011/ early 2012, so I am guessing that a 2013 Tesla Model S would have Version 4. Some forum posts I have read indicate that is the case.

What I really want to figure out is whether it will work with this opener...

3/4 HPS MyQ Belt Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener with Battery Backup Model: WD962MLEV
    http://www.chamberlain.com/garage-door-openers/belt-drives/model-wd962mlev

2. smsprague

smsprague Member

I just got the Liftmaster version installed and the Tesla worked fine with security 2.0 - my 2008 Acura MDX did not though

3. schneiderjohn

schneiderjohn Member

4. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

I'm VIN 5779 (3/2013) with that exact opener... It works.

5. GlennAlanBerry

Thanks for the confirmation!

6. rainman50

rainman50 Member

It is definitely Homelink version 4. Confirmed by Gentex Engineer.