Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What videos would you like to see of Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome question!!!
The 1 million dollar question is:
What im being waiting for and can't wait to see. Is the comparison and test against the big boys in the game.
According to Elon Musk the model 3 is suppose to compete against BMW 3 series, Mercedes C class and A4.

How does the model 3 fair in similar price range against the old school titans. How good of a job did Tesla do? We must never forget this is the car and reason Tesla was founded. Did Tesla get too greedy once they got there half a million order bank?
The only way to answer this question is to compare these cars head to head.
Which handels better?
Best cargo room?
Which Drives better?
Which car has the most standard options?
Which stops to stand still faster?
which one has the better interior quality?
Which is the fastest in a drag?
Getting opinions from not brain washed/ Tesla employees which is= teslamotors club web site? is what really counts!!!
Is electric drive train superior ?
Which one is the best value for money?
We saw the beta cars always being follow or tested against the BMW 3 series. Did Tesla succeed in making a better car? or did they waste money testing it against the 3 series during product development?

Summary which one is the overall better car.

These are the cars the Model 3 must win against to put the nail in the coffin for combustion engines.
Not the Nissan leaf or the GM bolt.
I consider those to be different class car for example VW Golf class/ bmw 2 series class as they are hatch backs and smaller in size.

The model 3 must beat these cars in similar price range in most revives for electric pulsation to take off faster and for the model 3 to be an amazing success.
If it fairs better in most revives against the best in its class you watch the dark clouds form over the Germans and Japanese auto makers until they can come up with an equal competitor. And you guessed it. It can only be BEV to have any chance vs the model 3.

I wish the model 3 luck as i work in Sydney CBD on the streets and im sick of the pollution. The air is really bad even in Sydney.
Elon are you reading this why does the model 3 not have Bio defense mode? I would pay big bucks to have that in my car. What about China? and lots of stinky diesel European cities where people would love to breath cancer free clean air inside the cabin.

Last edited:
Reactions: dragonxt
... and lots of stinky diesel European cities where people would love to breath cancer free clean air inside the cabin.
That's why in Europe more and more countries have stated that new ICE cars may not be sold after a specific date (2025/2030/2040). So, over here the question of competitiveness of the model 3 against ICE competitors will be less and less of an issue.

ICE is the past, EV's/Hydrogen the future. More and more of these models will enter the market so that by 2050 we'll be more or less ICE-free (except for the die hards) and if all electricity is by then generated in a sustainable way, finally the pollution will be halted as far as cars are concerned.

It seems that the aircraft industry is also looking into EV engines for airliners. That would really make a difference! No more noise issues or pollution. I've always been baffled by the amount of dirty kerosine is dumped into the air by aircrafts. They've got a long way to go, but that'll be the day!

Best cargo room?

No such thing as "best" when it comes to cargo carrying, it's subjective because some people don't need as much space but need the security of a lockable boot with folding seats that can also be locked, or someone might need a taller space vs a wider one.

Which Drives better?

Again, subjective. Some people want a marshmallow-soft super-compliant ride, some people don't.
[/quote]

Which car has the most standard options?

Are they standard features, or are they options? Can't very well be both :)

Which stops to stand still faster?
Now there's something that's measurable and objective, though a speed should be chosen to measure at.

which one has the better interior quality?

Back to subjective :(

Which is the fastest in a drag?
To what speed or distance? Still though, at least measurable.

Getting opinions from not brain washed/ Tesla employees which is= teslamotors club web site? is what really counts!!!

Obviously subjective, but I see what you're getting at. Everyone has biases, to be sure, but the lower fanboy level should give an interesting opinion.

Is electric drive train superior ?
subjective.

Which one is the best value for money?
subjective.

We saw the beta cars always being follow or tested against the BMW 3 series. Did Tesla succeed in making a better car? or did they waste money testing it against the 3 series during product development?
subjective

Summary which one is the overall better car.
subjective.

Elon are you reading this why does the model 3 not have Bio defense mode? I would pay big bucks to have that in my car. What about China? and lots of stinky diesel European cities where people would love to breath cancer free clean air inside the cabin.

I'm not Elon, but it's pretty clear that if you want all the magic features and lots of choices, an early-production Model 3 isn't the car to buy.

• Disagree
Reactions: AUSinator
I guess seeing a video of it driving up to my house doesn't count...

I think the next best video would be one that takes one of the "myths about EVs" threads and disproves each point using the Model 3 as the example. We're all EV fans here, but the greater mission is to level the playing field with the ICE community.

Reactions: DR61 and ElecFan