Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What vin comes with 3G vs 4g LTE?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not relevant to the OP, but note that there isn't a fleet-wide VIN cutoff: european cars at least made the change significantly after North America, and other markets probably different again.

It's hard to know when the cutover is/was for Europe, since it appears that Tesla's airtime contract doesn't permit 4G to be used yet even for those cars that have the 4G hardware.

Last edited:
Tesla does not use VIN in sequential order so you cannot make any definitive judgement based solely on the VIN #. My P85 with AP was built in 10/2014 but the VIN # is P260xx. Not sure where it came from but speculation is that # was originally assigned to an order on a car that was never built, then released and used on my car.

I have VIN 99xxx and 3G (November 2015 delivery), confirmed by Tesla ranger today.

Sorry (or not sorry) - but I am guessing the Ranger is wrong. I am 84xxx, delivery May 2015 and I missed it by a week.

Now - there is for sure a possibility that they found some 3G modems on the shelf and put them in some car but your date and numbers are wrong.

Ah - just saw your location. Perhaps that is it? EU spec cars sometimes are different.