Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was Tesla's estimated price of Cybertruck March 2020?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved my dual motor Cybertruck with FSD March 2020. I saved the email confirmation and have the order agreement, but I did not capture what the estimated pricing was for the Cybertruck around that time. Since then, of course, pricing has been removed. Does anyone have a screen capture the Tesla vehicle configuration site from around that timeframe of what the estimated price was for a dual motor? I know FSD was about $7000 at that time. I think the price was somewhere between $55K to $60K for dual motor, but was hoping someone had a screenshot or know how to find what the pricing was then. I also know that Tesla does not have to honor that pricing, but would like to get an idea of what it was then. Tesla has typically tried to get close to the pricing of the early reservation holders so hopefully they will again. Thanks.

Found this​

Tesla Cybertruck price and availability​

Tesla announced that the Cybertruck will start at $39,900 before incentives in the US, which is a lot less than most people expected.
The two less expensive versions, which are going to start at $39,900 and $49,900, are coming in “late 2021,” while the more expensive version with more motors and bigger battery pack is going to be available in “late 2022.”

None of those prices will hold. He said specs/pricing will both change (not be possible) in investor call.
of course... but we all knew that months ago. Ford/ Rivian are selling ~320 miles range of truck for $70k+ .... and Tesla will sell you a CT with 300 miles of range for ($20k) less...and priced ($16k) below a mundane Model Y. lol. suuuuure.

And what in the farmer's mother is up with the shape of that dang truck? That ain't like no real truck.....
neither is the f150, can't carry a camper!

Attachments

• f150 camper.JPG
    f150 camper.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 119
I believe it was basically $40k / $60k / $80k original base prices for the single/dual/tri motor setups (with the higher spec trucks getting more standard range).

Given what we see with the Model 3/Y rollouts, I think it's safe to bet Tesla rolls out initially with the top-price model and takes half a forever to work down to the lower price point.

neither is the f150, can't carry a camper!
not recommended and cannot / shall not/ must not are two very different things. TFL trucks did the camper up to Alaska just fine and didn't exceed load/weight limits. obviously Ford wants to prevent customers slapping on insane camper toppers and potentially exceeding weight limits and damaging the truck or expecting that with a camper topper the mileage is still 300 miles....

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I believe it was basically $40k / $60k / $80k original base prices for the single/dual/tri motor setups (with the higher spec trucks getting more standard range).

Given what we see with the Model 3/Y rollouts, I think it's safe to bet Tesla rolls out initially with the top-price model and takes half a forever to work down to the lower price point.
I bet the top price comes out first, but just a reminder for the model 3, the long range RWD version did come out before the performance version.

Reactions: bhzmark