Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was the initial price of AP1 and free supercharging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model S suffered extensive hail damage at the end of March and we're now dealing with the insurance company, who initially was fine fixing the body damage but now wants to total the car. We'd prefer they not total it because the car has had a lot of things replaced, including the motor, the MCU, three door handles, and, most recently, the HV battery, which was just a few weeks ago. Plus, our P85 was March 2015 rebuild that includes AP1, which makes it a unicorn. As such, the insurance company's system is not showing an accurate valuation since they're basing it on generic P85 numbers.

We're now at the stage where we're listing the various improvements, etc. that would increase the car's value so that it's not totaled.

Does anyone out there remember what Tesla's pricing was on AP1 when it first came out? And when was the last time they charged for lifetime free supercharging? Does anyone remember what that cost?

Thanks in advance.

AP1 was $2500

I'm confused about your question regarding the price of free Supercharging. It was free. There was a charge for 60 kWh batteries to include Supercharging -- I think that was $2000. But it was included in the price for your car.

AP1 was $2500

I'm confused about your question regarding the price of free Supercharging. It was free. There was a charge for 60 kWh batteries to include Supercharging -- I think that was $2000. But it was included in the price for your car.

But a new S would not include free Supercharging, which is a value differentiator that I want to point out to the insurance company during these discussions.

But a new S would not include free Supercharging, which is a value differentiator that I want to point out to the insurance company during these discussions.
Mmm, they are pricing the replacement of the vehicle. The price of the vehicle included Supercharging. A replacement 2015 Tesla would also include Supercharging. What new ones come with is irrelevant. They are not replacing it with a new one.

I would take my average miles per year charged with supercharger and multiply by electricity rate x average years of ownership. That will at least give you what free supercharging would be worth.