Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was the valet parker done wrong at the airport?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it helps, I've just used airport parking while I've been away. Disabled Sentry, disabled reporting and pressed power off - not sure if the last one helped but pressed anyway. I had 75% when I left the car and 73% when I came back seven days later.
I dropped 45% over 8 days although I turned off sentry mode part way through for about a day and then when I got the alarm alert I turned it back on. I'm only a short drive (7%) from Heathrow so as long as I'm monitoring what is going on with TeslaMate I think leaving sentry mode isn't to bad.

However as mentioned in another post I should have turned on valet mode as I had no sentry footage in the whole time I left the car except for a few events in the couple of hours before I collected the car. I can only assume they wiped it all, as it would be all but impossible not to have any recordings for that period. Especially as they moved the car twice in the Heathrow short stay the day before.

I tested valet mode yesterday and was happy with the way it worked and didn't appear to be dangerous in anyway with the limiting. So will use valet mode next time.