Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your CPO's condition at pickup?

What was your CPO vehicle's confition?

• Flawless (looked, functioned, smelled like new)

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Clean (very minor normal wear, no functional issues)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Average (correctable minor issues, obvious wear)

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Poor (dings/scratches, mechanical issues)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sbtz

Jan 18, 2016
CA
So there have been some posts with horror stories about CPO cars condition and then some who said that theirs was like new.

Obviously, these are used, but most would agree that a CPO should be held to a higher standard.

What was yours like? (Please add the year and any non identifying details.)

No functional issues were present when I picked it up; however, within about 3 months I had several appear. Tesla was fantastic in taking care of these issues, so I can't complain. That said, I don't believe they did the full x number of point check and vehicle "refurbishment" like they advertise. If so, several of these issues would have probably been corrected and prevented.

Reactions: JPUConn
My initial pickup day was going to be a nightmare before I ever even saw the car in person. Tesla kept the car, and fixed 95% of the cosmetic issues for my "second delivery" a few weeks later. I left on vacation 12 hours after getting the car, and on my way out of town dropped it off at the service center to get power folding mirrors and LTE retrofitted onto it, as well as have them fix a few minor issues I noted at pickup. End result now that I have the car back is my it's nearly flawless. There are a few scuffs and scraps and minor bits here and there, but lets be honest, my CPO has over 50,000 miles on it, what should I really expect? My former car looked WAAAAAY worse for wear at 50k miles, so really I can't complain.

Overall very happy in the end with my CPO experience, even if it was a bumpy road as it was happening.

My initial pickup day was going to be a nightmare before I ever even saw the car in person. Tesla kept the car, and fixed 95% of the cosmetic issues for my "second delivery" a few weeks later. I left on vacation 12 hours after getting the car, and on my way out of town dropped it off at the service center to get power folding mirrors and LTE retrofitted onto it, as well as have them fix a few minor issues I noted at pickup. End result now that I have the car back is my it's nearly flawless. There are a few scuffs and scraps and minor bits here and there, but lets be honest, my CPO has over 50,000 miles on it, what should I really expect? My former car looked WAAAAAY worse for wear at 50k miles, so really I can't complain.

Overall very happy in the end with my CPO experience, even if it was a bumpy road as it was happening.

What did it cost to do the power mirrors retrofit?

When I took delivery, mine was pretty much flawless with almost 32k miles on it. The interior looked brand new, not even a single wrinkle in the leather. I couldn't even find a single rock chip anywhere on the car and I looked hard. They even gave me a parcel shelf at no cost. I took delivery in Buena Park, CA and drove it back to Fremont. The only problems that I noticed on the drive back was the alignment being slightly off with a gentle pull to the right. A week later, the brake pedal started to squeak. When I finally got an appointment to fix it, they replaced the brake booster and re-aligned it. Yes, it took them four days, but I enjoyed a 2016 S70D while I waited.

Having that loaner, I learned a few things. First, not having AP isn't a big deal to me. Second, I actually like the old seats better for comfort than the next gen seats. Third, my late 2013 build S85 is just as solid and quiet as the new S70D loaner. I'm very happy with the CPO experience.

I took delivery of a 2013 85 with 45000 miles. It had stone chips on the hood and nose cone. The DS insisted on repainting these before I took delivery. That would have been an inconvenience for me so I took delivery and agreed to have the repaint scheduled at another time.

The certified Tesla body shop was closer to my house then the shop in Illinois. They had my car for a week and I drove a 2015 P85 loaner. No real difference between the two other than the increase in acceleration with the P85. I had them repaint the front bumper and the tops of the fenders and replace the chrome surround and Telsa "T" at the same time at my expense about $600. Car looked like new when I picked her up at the shop. Great serviced ! I would do this all over again and may in a few years if the CPO program is still an option.

Reactions: Fiver
Exterior of mine was in surprisingly good shape. Interior had a few scuffs on the headliner and center console. No obvious problems at pickup. Following pickup, in a short amount of time (first couple of weeks) I discovered a blown fuse (easy fix at home), a sticking pano roof (fixed at home with trim treatment product, been working fine since), and a door handle failure (fixed by service center). Overall, I've been happy with it.

Average: Impact mark on the rear bumper which have yet to be fixed due to body shop being busy. The car was also not fully detailed. The clear coat also had some minor water mark damage which I could not detect during the delivery. The layer of sealant they applied during delivery masked this issue and was not apparent until I washed the car.

Great condition. 2015/8.5K S60 with AP. A couple of really minor marks on the nose-cone (noted on their pre-inspection checklist) and one mark on the rear bumper. That one is annoying as although it's not through the clear-coat, I's not visible in the pictures taken for me in CA - so I suspect it was added during transit, or possibly at this end of the journey. DS would not agree to address it, and a single meaningful mark on a used car - really not an issue. Interior spotless. Tesla changed the windshield (identified as chipped/replace on the pre-inspection). They fixed curb rash on two wheels (or changed them) as those were noted on the pre-inspection, but delivered were immaculate.