Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What was your maximum charge rate at a supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hadn't thought about that aspect. I wonder how often this really happens. I'm not others, so it's hard for me to imagine, but I agree that at the end of the session some people might be misled by this particular statistic. Not for long, though, as they should see very few rated miles appearing as they wait.
I learned about this misconception at the European HQ Supercharger in Amsterdam. Next to Supercharging it also offers L2 chargepoints. Previously those were 22 kW, now 17.5 kW Destination Chargers. During the frequent high occupancy times at that site it would make sense to move over to a L2 station instead of occuping a SuperCharger stall when charging to high SoC. The switchpoint being 22/17.5/11 kW. High occupancy was caused by heavy users like taxi’s in those days, as discussed here on TMC.
Due to the indicated, still high, average distance/hour charging speed, it was difficult to convince people to move. (Or it was their excuse for laziness/malice.) Local staff advised against discussing this matter, eventually.