Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What We Have Here is a Failure to Communicate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm impressed with the car's ability to understand spoken commands, but the failures can be pretty funny. Our two favorites:

Wife said, "Unfold mirrors," and the car said it didn't understand the command, "Unsolved murders."
I said "Play the Goldberg variations," and the car tried to play "the Goldfish variations."

Got any other examples?

I'm impressed with the car's ability to understand spoken commands, but the failures can be pretty funny. Our two favorites:

Wife said, "Unfold mirrors," and the car said it didn't understand the command, "Unsolved murders."
I said "Play the Goldberg variations," and the car tried to play "the Goldfish variations."

Got any other examples?
No, not really, as I have been incredibly shocked as to how accurate it usually is. Even when I don't know the correct pronunciation of a street or point of interest, somehow the car always knows what I want.

The only exception I have is with the mirror folding, but in my case, UNFOLD MIRRORS works flawlessly, it's FOLD MIRRORS that it has a problem with. It almost always thinks I am saying "old mirrors". So basically I've taken to saying "FFFFFOLD MIRRORS".