Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What we learned at the shareholders meeting......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope they don't use resources to make a in-house music curation service. I hope he was talking about deeper Spotify integration or a "Elon's Playlist". I really wish they would just say they are going to support Carplay/Android Auto. The competition is going to use it.

How does any of that make the FM radio sound better in the car?... Pretend you have zero control over the original audio source or the codec used to encode it.
There is nothing that can make FM sound "better", garbage in garbage out. However it is possible to setup specific DSP profile for FM source vs digital CODEC, since the FM's bandwidth restriction acts as a bandpass filter that would likely attenuate certain frequency range in the music, and digital CODEC would also have some bandpass effect, and possibly also some edge overshoot (like artificial sharpness on TV) because of the D-to-A conversion, so the optimum DSP to make them sound good would be different.

Anybody else bothered about the joking comment about "red wine and Ambien"? Or, has political and drug abuse correctness corrupted my perception of things?
I was not bothered. Humor. Some red wine is not abuse. Occasional Ambien use is okay. I hope he doesn't use it nightly. Adequate sleep is important for human health but chronic Ambien use will actually impair sleep.

"Tesla is a drama magnet."
That was funny, and telling. Because Tesla is such a high profile public company and is battling very powerful forces that are resisting change, there are constant issues that demand his attention in a very different way than at SpaceX, which of course is also a disruptive company.

I think your taking it far too serious. He has been making a lot of jokes on twitter lately and made a few throughout his presentation.
Actually I found it refreshingly human and candid, but my question was whether I am allowed to feel that way, or am I "supposed" to feel shocked? It's just that in this world we seem to have gotten ourselves into, where a high school student can be suspended for sneaking a Tylenol at school because they have a headache, it seems we're not supposed to hear a CEO kidding about alcohol and medication. One of those two situations is wrong; I'm siding on Elon being right. He may be fixing more things on this planet than just global transportation. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.