Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will be the actual wait time for the 6/31 order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was the latest delivery waiting time?
The manager told me end of Aug delivery, but not sure if I can really trust that.
Ordered June 31 and just confirmed the design.
75D with white ex/creme interior.
I saw Tesla making 1000 of X + S models per month.

Congrats, jabberwky! Not sure if I can personally answer your question but you might take a peek at the

"Model X Oder/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet"

which points to a spreadsheet in Google Docs with owner supplied milestones. That should give you a feel for what folks have been experiencing. You might even get a kick with adding your own info for those who follow you.

Thanks this is awesome data.
I can apply machine learning techniques to estimate my delivery date :)

• Funny
Reactions: spectrum
Time between order and delivery will vary based on when an order is placed in a quarter.

We placed our X order on April 28 and accepted delivery (in Texas) on June 21, about 8 weeks later.

If you place the order at the end of a quarter, you may see a little longer wait - since Tesla tends to build vehicles for non-US deliveries early in the quarter so that those cars can be delivered by the end of the quarter. With shorter transport times, cars built for US delivery may take a few weeks longer for orders placed at the end of the previous quarter.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a late June order take longer than 8 weeks - and get delivered in early to mid September, hopefully sooner.

How realistic are the Design Studio estimates?

We ordered 6/21 for US delivery. Got confirmation and VIN same day on 6/24. At the time the delivery estimate from DS was August.

Currently DS reports Late August for newly configured deliveries. This makes me believe that our late June deliveries are still on track for August if they are still filling August slots .

How realistic are the Design Studio estimates?

We ordered 6/21 for US delivery. Got confirmation and VIN same day on 6/24. At the time the delivery estimate from DS was August.

Currently DS reports Late August for newly configured deliveries. This makes me believe that our late June deliveries are still on track for August if they are still filling August slots .

The problem with the design studio estimates is there is not lot of detail. Your DA/DS has much more information available, especially after production has started. You should reach out to that person and strike up a relationship. I cannot vouch for your delivery team, but my DA was outstanding, proactively keeping me informed and being very responsive to my questions. I actually had a delivery appointment set before my car entered production (according to the web site).

The problem with the design studio estimates is there is not lot of detail. Your DA/DS has much more information available, especially after production has started. You should reach out to that person and strike up a relationship. I cannot vouch for your delivery team, but my DA was outstanding, proactively keeping me informed and being very responsive to my questions. I actually had a delivery appointment set before my car entered production (according to the web site).

I actually sent an email July 1st but got no response from my DA/DS. I have re-pinged him because I am sure that they are busy with Model 3 ramp up.

My comment around August was in response to the comment above that they would not be surprised if they delivered in September. I'm more hoping that because DS is still reporting room for August deliveries (although now Late Aug.) that this makes it more likely to get Late June orders in August.

That being said... I"M SO EXCITED Y'ALL. So I'm just hoping sooner rather than later and I am not so secretly hoping to justify as early of a delivery in my head as possible. I know for me this is my first order ever and could not be more excited to join the Tesla family.

Reactions: Spelly88
When I placed my deposit down on the 30th, online it say August, but the team stated late August. That could be as I am closer to the east coast, but I am still hoping to have it by September 1. Just playing the waiting game like everyone else on this threat, but beyond excited!

The wildcard here is that we can assume Tesla has surpassed the 200,000th delivery at this point and is going to prioritize US orders more than "usual" in order to maximize the tax credits. By historic trends you would expect any orders after ~June 15th to be delivered in mid-to-late September. [For example I ordered 3/23 and delivered ~6/25]

That math is obviously changing since deliveries seem to be continuing through July/August now.

Nick

There seems to be a school of thought that there are cyclical patterns, possibly linked to the shipping delays to europe, asia, australia which seems to suggest long distance deliveries get built earlier in a quarter and local deliveries get built late resulting in a smaller number of cars in transit at the quarter end. ie you don't built a car for australia in the last month of a quarter, which may mean they play catch up in the first month of a quarter. May not be true but there's a sense of logic to it.

Either way, there are over 100 new inventory knocking around if you wanted to move quickly, otherwise the timescales feel long however short they are when you're waiting