Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will happen within the next 6 1/2 weeks?

Which new FSD features will be released by end of year and to whom?

• None - on Jan 1 'later this year' will simply become end of 2020!

Votes: 106 55.5%
  • One or more major features (stop lights and/or turns) to small number of EAP HW 3.0 vehicles.

Votes: 55 28.8%
  • One or more major features (stop lights and/or turns) to small number of EAP HW 2.x/3.0 vehicles.

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • One or more major features (stop lights and/or turns) to all HW 3.0 FSD owners!

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • One or more major features (stop lights and/or turns) to all FSD owners!

Votes: 15 7.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mardak's link in post #517 led me to a video of a test-drive on the then-latest beta version. It was indeed impressive. The driver says in the information under the video that the system does indeed require hands-on-the-wheel, and that the driver is responsible for taking over. It's not the car's job to alert the driver, though the car may do so. In that video she does disengage several times rather than test whether the car would hit someone. She is very careful and responsible.

Conclusion: It is amazing what it can do! But it's still far from ready to be Level 3 or 4. And the streets in her neighborhood are upscale-looking, wide and well-maintained. Nothing at all like the streets where I live.

I could not tell from the video if she had to confirm green lights, or if the car drives through them without driver input. I think I read a while back, with reference to the wide-release version, that the driver has to give the okay before the car will drive through a green light, as an additional safety measure.

She comments on an issue I have with EAP: "FSD" will operate no faster than 5 mph over the speed limit. When traffic is heavy and moving faster than that, your choices are to hold back traffic, or disengage AP and drive manually. This is an issue in places where the speed limit is significantly lower than the road conditions would allow for safety, and lack of enforcement means that everybody drives ten to fifteen or more over the limit.

Here's a map from end of December:
View attachment 626457
https://twitter.com/jeadly/status/1344462484007223299

So FSD beta has been driving around in about half of the states including Hawaii. The videos from this channel are around Oahu: https://www.youtube.com/c/TeslaHawaiiClub
There are 22 states that have FSD Beta based on actual social media posts (so, could be more beta testers that we are not aware of).

It has been 83 days since FSD Beta was first released and we watched Tesla Raj lose his mind (in a joyful kinda way).
On average.... Tesla has expanded FSD beta to a new state every 4 days -- Math.ceil(83/22)

Last edited:
I could not tell from the video if she had to confirm green lights, or if the car drives through them without driver input. I think I read a while back, with reference to the wide-release version, that the driver has to give the okay before the car will drive through a green light, as an additional safety measure.

On production code - yes, you have to confirm going through greens unless there's a car ahead of you. In FSD Beta, you do not have to confirm.

No, you dont need to confirm most of the time with the FSD beta. Occasionally, the car will ask for help if it cannot see well enough at an intersection (obstructed view etc). The car also knows to "creep" slightly into an intersection so it can past an obstruction.

On production code - yes, you have to confirm going through greens unless there's a car ahead of you. In FSD Beta, you do not have to confirm.

No, you dont need to confirm most of the time with the FSD beta. Occasionally, the car will ask for help if it cannot see well enough at an intersection (obstructed view etc). The car also knows to "creep" slightly into an intersection so it can past an obstruction.

Thanks, both, for the clarification.