Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will powerwalls charge up to before excess dumped to grid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you get Tesla to set your Gateway to only rise to 60.5 Hz? They lowered mine to 62.5 Hz but did not want to go lower. As I read the specs on my Delta M inverters is shows they provide 59.5 to 60.5 Hz, so I am not sure why Tesla would not go lower. Maybe being conservative with the inverter's exact frequency cut off?

I tested this today. At 97% off grid I was still seeing 59.9 Hz. At low 98%, it rose to 60.2. Midway through 98% it hit 60.5 and the inverter shut off. At this point I did a full Insteon device status query. Two devices failed to respond (including retries). The fact that most of the devices still talk ok is almost certainly because most of them are dual mode Insteon and also use wireless as a redundancy. So all in all even if I'm off grid with a full charge, not a big deal.

I tested this today. At 97% off grid I was still seeing 59.9 Hz. At low 98%, it rose to 60.2. Midway through 98% it hit 60.5 and the inverter shut off. At this point I did a full Insteon device status query. Two devices failed to respond (including retries). The fact that most of the devices still talk ok is almost certainly because most of them are dual mode Insteon and also use wireless as a redundancy. So all in all even if I'm off grid with a full charge, not a big deal.
Glad it is working out for you.