Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Will Tesla Do with all the Used Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I for one wouldn't mind maybe upgrading my Textile seats to the newer version of the original generation seats (or even the sport seats). I enjoy the textile seats, but would think about upgrading them to a "used" leather set if it wasn't too cost-prohibitive.

Are the front seats of the D's that are being replaced by Recaro's a lot better then the standard leather seats I got 18 months ago?

That is my understanding. Haven't sat in any of the new seats though, but looking at the pictures, there will be far less sliding around during cornering. Other posters say they are more comfortable--but that's subjective as what is comfortable for one person may not be more comfortable for another.

I for one wouldn't mind maybe upgrading my Textile seats to the newer version of the original generation seats (or even the sport seats). I enjoy the textile seats, but would think about upgrading them to a "used" leather set if it wasn't too cost-prohibitive.

That gets rid of the black ones :D

But I suspect they will be thrown away and the supplier will pay a non delivery penalty, at a push they will get installed in demo cars or retrofitted to trade-ins to maximise resell. Tesla won't risk doing anything to upset people that paid for leather over textile, so at best they might be a tiny discount (They need to cover all the costs involved in installing them at a SC, and still having textile seats that need proper disposal of.)

Dual chargers are similar here in the UK. I bet every UK car Tesla sell second-hand will have them enabled, because physically they are in the car. When people that hadn't paid posted on here that they had a "nice free bonus" I bet Tesla got a huge amount of demands for refunds, and a patch went out to disable the cars that hadn't paid. A "cheap leather upgrade" could be seen in exactly the same light.

Best bet is to look for them come up on ebay after some dumpsters go missing :D