Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will the Thursday announcement be about?

What will Tesla announce in California, Thursday at 2 PM, as per Elon's tweets?

• Nothing

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Model Y (or other vehicle) unveiling date

Votes: 22 9.7%
  • The Model Y (or other vehicle) itself

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Model 3 SR

Votes: 44 19.5%
  • An acquisition of another company

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tesla being acquired / going private

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • A major Autopilot advance / release

Votes: 50 22.1%
  • Supercharger V3

Votes: 42 18.6%
  • Paying off the 1 March convertible bonds

Votes: 17 7.5%
  • Something related to the SEC action

• A new production facility (e.g. GF4, etc)

• Other (add in the comments!)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know, but that's a far cry from what used to be promised as "Full Self Driving".. e.g. autonomous driving.

Notice it says "Automatic" driving, not "autonomous" driving. Everything listed under the new "FSD" is still 100% Driver Assisted driving.

This is what Full Self Driving used to be pitched as:

View attachment 381636

I don't see the difference there. Long as driver's attention is not needed NOA. summon, city street driving pretty much covered full autonomous driving.

Hasn't he been saying much the same thing for years? "Elon Time" is a malleable thing!

Sure he has. I was only saying the FSD description in the order page is still FSD. On Elon time he said in the same podcast he always achieve what he set out to do but only with a "calendar shift". The SR delivery is the latest example. The only game we need to play is to guess how much is the shift. On the other hand it's not that there were no "suprises" though.

Um, still a big nope.
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
These two simple tasks are a FAR CRY from what has been advertised as what FSD should be:

upload_2019-3-1_12-48-14.png

The full description here for you. Zero driver's attention will come late next year Elon's time. That completes the FSD founction as previously described.

Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Navigate on Autopilot: automatic driving from highway on-ramp to off-ramp including interchanges and overtaking slower cars.
  • Autopark: both parallel and perpendicular spaces.
  • Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really.

Coming later this year:

• Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.

The full description here for you. Zero driver's attention will come late next year Elon's time.

*On private roads only.

There's a ton of regulations and laws that need to be passed before there's such a thing as "zero driver's attention"... and I don't really care what Elon says, it's not happening by 'late next year'.

For the foreseeable future, all these will be purely "driver assist" features.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
*On private roads only.

There's a ton of regulations and laws that need to be passed before there's such a thing as "zero driver's attention"... and I don't really care what Elon says, it's not happening by 'late next year'.

For the foreseeable future, all these will be purely "driver assist" features.

Yes but it has not changed from previous description of everything is subject to regulatory approval.