Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will Ultra High Fidelity Sound cost on Model 3?

S&X Ultra High Fidelity Sound: $2,500. What will it cost on Model 3?

• Less than $500

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • $500-999

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • $1,000-1,499

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • $1,500-1,999

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • $2,000-2,499

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • $2,500-2,999

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • $3,000 or more

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am creating a series of polls regarding what we (collectively) think certain features will cost on the Model 3.

This is a forum, so please feel free to add comments, but for the sake of data collection, please do vote on the polls!

I will provide the Model S and Model X price points for each of those features, in USD.

Yes, the Model S and Model X have a few more features than I’ll be making polls for, but some of those features are just not needed to be polled on.

How does ultra high fidelity sound systems even work? I am still someone who uses CD's because I cannot stand the loss in fidelity with the compressed audio formats. Satellite radio also does not sound very good to me. I miss the days when cars used to have huge multi-CD changers built into the dash.

How does ultra high fidelity sound systems even work? I am still someone who uses CD's because I cannot stand the loss in fidelity with the compressed audio formats. Satellite radio also does not sound very good to me. I miss the days when cars used to have huge multi-CD changers built into the dash.

Use a USB stick or drive filled with FLAC files for original CD quality at half the file size.

Playing Music from a USB Drive in the Tesla Model S

• Informative
Reactions: S'toon
Tesla should not waste time adding any CD system. physical audio mediums died a long time ago.

USB connection for high def is already provided, and even high bit rate Spotify streaming is built in too.

Tesla represents the future. Not the past.

Reactions: hoang51
If I am not mistaken, cars that cost half of Model 3 comes with standard Bluetooth and USB port.. I dont believe Tesla will go out of their way to add it to the car when better tech can do the same job at a similar price (the same tech is offered on S and X so economies of scale will apply to in-car info system in some way)

The real question is not how much the ultra high fidelity sound option will cost, but is if it will actually be a better sound system for all that $$. My reading of the Model S forums indicates it's a pretty mediocre system compared to what other manufacturers/aftermarket folks are doing, especially for $2500.

I just hope you don't have to buy it to get XM radio capability like you do in the S.

There's always bluetooth to sync with your phone. Might be just me but I haven't listen my music on a CD for decades

I tried bluetooth audio in my parents' car, a VW Tiguan they bought last year, and was not at all impressed with the sound quality. Their car supports audio files on a data CD so I a CD with the same music and it sounded just fine.

I understand there's been some improvements to bluetooth audio, perhaps the Tiguan was using an older spec.