Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will Ultra High Fidelity Sound cost on Model 3?

S&X Ultra High Fidelity Sound: $2,500. What will it cost on Model 3?

• Less than $500

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • $500-999

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • $1,000-1,499

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • $1,500-1,999

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • $2,000-2,499

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • $2,500-2,999

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • $3,000 or more

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am creating a series of polls regarding what we (collectively) think certain features will cost on the Model 3.

This is a forum, so please feel free to add comments, but for the sake of data collection, please do vote on the polls!

I will provide the Model S and Model X price points for each of those features, in USD.

Yes, the Model S and Model X have a few more features than I’ll be making polls for, but some of those features are just not needed to be polled on.

Brad_NC,

I suspect the easy answer to all your "what will it cost on the Model 3" questions is...

20%-25% less than the equivalent Model S option.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Pretty disappointing that Tesla's don't have a CD player. Would be nice if they came with hard drives, say, 64 GB built in for music storage. Or an SD slot or something. A USB sticking out looks kind of dumb.

Sadly, hard drives are obsolete. If you mentioned solid state drive, it would do better, but costly.

However, there are three workarounds that I can propose: 1) get a USB extension cable and have the USB flash drive stuffed away somewhere out of sight. 2) get a low profile USB flash drive (SanDisk Ultra Fit USB Flash Drive comes to mind). 3) mod the USB connection in the car and hide the flash drive somehow.

Reactions: UKM3
How does ultra high fidelity sound systems even work? I am still someone who uses CD's because I cannot stand the loss in fidelity with the compressed audio formats. Satellite radio also does not sound very good to me. I miss the days when cars used to have huge multi-CD changers built into the dash.

CD is also a compressed audio format.......

but putting a record player in your car and carrying crates of vinyl is impractical. ;-)

The biggest question for me is if the Model 3 will have a subwoofer with this option. I'm hoping for a discreetly placed (i.e. no huge box in either trunk) 8-10" driver just to reduce the lower end frequencies that the other speakers would have to otherwise try and produce.

The biggest question for me is if the Model 3 will have a subwoofer with this option. I'm hoping for a discreetly placed (i.e. no huge box in either trunk) 8-10" driver just to reduce the lower end frequencies that the other speakers would have to otherwise try and produce.

trunk subs are a little old school. or at least now, they're not the only option. I have a discreet (factory) 10 in my trunk. But I also have a 6 under each seat, for the surround effect. newer cars have gone for the "more speakers" approach.

the base stereo on a 2015 A3 is 10 speakers. my upgraded system has 14.

The Model S (new config as of last week) has 12, including an 8 in the trunk. (I don't know what the current Model S base stereo has).

I'm sure they won't overlook the sound system.

Reactions: hoang51 and Tes LA
I'd like something along the lines of the TW5v2. I like my bass too much to go for a smaller than 10" woofer. Probably cause of all that EDM I listen to...

Most options will be about 25% less than comparable options on the S and X.

We'll see. Most of the S and X options are the same price.

Non-standard Paint: Same price
Wheels: X costs more
Decor: Same
Seats: Same
Battery: X more
Dual Motor: X more
Performance: Same
Ludicrous: Same
Autopilot: Same
Premium Upgrades: X more
Smart Suspension: Same
Subzero Weather: Same
Sound: Same
High Amp Charger: Same

Well, that's because S and X are built off the same platform. Model 3 and Y options will probably be the same price too.

Reactions: melindav
Most options will be about 25% less than comparable options on the S and X.

Aren't people saying options will be cheaper because the 3 will be smaller? The S and X are different sizes, too.
I thought they said it would be cheaper because the 3 would be cheaper?

For some options it make sense to price based on size. (and the size differences between S and X isn't that much)
For some options it make sense to price based on the price of the car this options are for. (and the price differences between S and X isn't that much)
For some options it does not make sense to care about any of the above.

That's why I'm guessing that the options for the Gen-III cars (3+Y) will be in the range of about 50%-100% of the prices on the Gen-II cars (S+X). Yes, an average of about 75% seems right to me.

Reactions: melindav
I think these options will be less for the ≡ also because Tesla wants the ≡ to be more affordable to more people. They want to sell hundreds of thousands, or millions, of units. The likelihood of doing this is lessened if people are scared off by overpriced options packages.

I think the following is an equally relevant question to this thread's OP: Will the UHFS cost more or less than an aftermarket sound system that will sound significant better (i.e. is it worth it to buy the Tesla UHFS or spend the same money on a better aftermarket system)?

I think the following is an equally relevant question to this thread's OP: Will the UHFS cost more or less than an aftermarket sound system that will sound significant better (i.e. is it worth it to buy the Tesla UHFS or spend the same money on a better aftermarket system)?
On the MS or MX didn't you need to get the UHFS option in order to be able to even put in an aftermarket one and wasn't there, at some point an option to to have them do the wiring and cutouts for the added speakers that was cheaper than the $2500?