Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do as soon as you will need a battery replacement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has an 8 yr warranty on batteries. The market your talking to on this forum are owners of early S60's with mileage limited warranties and those who purchased salvage cars.

The concept your talking about is great and should be pursued but I think your a few years ahead of the market for your services and at that time so much can change.

Reactions: Gur814
I took it for you. If my battery has issues before the warranty is up, Tesla will handle it... the last thing they need is bad press on their core business (batteries).

In regards to an accident, my insurance (and everyone else's in the USA at least) insurance should cover a new battery. We are under no obligation to take a used or refurbished battery based on insurance regulations.

If my battery is out of warranty and begins to degrade to the point of no return, and I felt like keeping the car, I'd consider a refurbished battery. Remember though, 8 years from now, batteries should be cheaper and better, keeping with the trend. I think you'll find most will just recycle the battery and move on to the latest and greatest....

Reactions: Gur814
Batteries will be the same as any used part of an car these days. If you need a replacement, you can find a used part or a new part. Based on my experience, the loss of capacity with Tesla batteries is rather low and won't be an issue over the lifetime of the car.

Dear demundus and David99,

Thank you for your feedback!
Indeed, but recycling the battery is a whole new world with which current tesla users might or might never interact...it is interesting to explore different ways of addressing this