TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

What will you do with your roadster when your Model S arrives?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mnx, Jun 23, 2011.

?

What will you do with your roadster when your Model S arrives?

1. Keep It

25 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Sell It

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. I'm leasing my roadster...

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

For those of you who own roadsters and are planning on buying a model S, what plans do you have for your roadster when your model S arrives? Keep it? Sell it?

2. Sparrow

Sparrow S105/ Roadster 189

I'm keeping both for sure. Originally I reserved the S for my wife, but she loves the Roadster so much, it may be me driving the S instead.

3. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Ditto! But the Roadster will always be mine... :biggrin:

4. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Same here guys...I look forward to occasionally driving the Model S, but you'll never forget your first love (driving your Roadster)...:biggrin::wink:

Will be keeping them both.

Any suggestions on how to inform the wife? :scared::confused::biggrin::wink:

5. strider

strider Active Member

Depends on whether I can get my wife out of her SUV (Jeep Liberty running biodiesel) and into Model S. She likes driving the Roadster but complains that it's too low for her to see very well in traffic. So if she likes Model S she'll drive that and we'll keep the Roadster. If she doesn't like Model S we'll look at the RAV-4, sell the Roadster, or wait for Model X.

6. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

Yep, driving experience is key. I just test drove an Audi TT roadster today and I felt like I was looking out a porthole or something.

7. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

More than one Tesla in the garage? Or selling your Roadster?

I wonder how many Roadster owners who have an S on order plan to keep both cars ?

I suspect many will sell the Roadster to fund their Model S, in which case there could be a glut of 2nd hand Roadsters in the not too distant future.

8. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I'm keeping my Roadster when I take delivery of my Model X. (not exactly the same, but hey, close enough)

9. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

This could get competitive. Someone somewhere is probably already planning on being the first to have an X + S + Roadster in the family garage ... !

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

A number of people on this forum, as a matter of fact. I'll let them speak up ... (I'd do it, too, totally love the S - but 1) I have a two-car garage, and 2) it seems really excessive for one driver.)

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

I'm keeping my Roadster. Just have too much fun with it. She's my baby!

12. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

I was thinking we would trade it in, but my wife is even more enamored with the Roadster than I. Problem is space. We may have to get one of those inside the garage lifts to store the other one. Looks like we will have our second EV, Model S, inside of a year!

13. Doubtful I bet there will be a lot more owners that purchase the Model S to compliment their Roadster than replacing it with the Model S....

14. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I'm keeping mine. There's a poll thread on TMC somewhere (last fall?) but I can't search very well from my iPhone....

Sent from my iPhone!

15. Warrenbonz

Warrenbonz Member

I love my Roadster. Thankfully I will be able to keep it when the model S comes :). The Roadster is the most fun car I have ever driven.

16. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Tess: You're lookin' fine today with those new tires.
    Roady: Not so bad yourself there, Tess.

17. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

Glad to hear it ! Should ensure limited supply of pre-owned Roadsters. The UK Tesla sales people often talk about it as a future classic for being a world first, and the car that changed the future landscape etc etc

I hope to have both ... this will be easier to justify if I can just sell my last high value ICE race car ...

ETA - looks like the poll result shows 90% plan to keep their Roadsters !

18. onlinespending

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Who knows. Those that already have a Roadster might fall in love so much so with the Model S that they'll think differently once they realize how little they're driving the Roadster. Never say never!

19. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

For me it is: What will I do with my Jetta when the Model S arrives? If it comes down to keeping the Roadster or the Jetta, it will be an easy choice. The Roadster is simply to hard to replace if I changed my mind after selling it.

20. Grendal

Grendal Active Member

I'd bet Elon will be the first.