Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would be nice to have in the user interface

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with those. Plug your car in reminder in the app would be nice. Even though i never forgot to plug in my wife’s volt I forgot to plug in my tesla twice in the last month or ownership.

I think biggest thing for me is not being able to set off peak hour window, but just the start.

Usually always charge at 12am, but went out for a fun canyon drive and was home by 1pm and wanted to top off the car since off peak was until 3pm because I was on 17% when i got home. My 2017 Volt can be setup for a charge window for each day of the week.

The mirrors are useless and I’m slowing getting used to looking down at the screen, but it should be easy enough to move it to the top and maybe make bigger.

Reactions: MitchSF
I always hoped that an optional notification capability would be added to let us know that the car was not connected to the charger, at a specified hour. A couple times my wife, speaking on her cell phone, forgot to connect the charger. I would set it to 10:00 PM, when it should almost always be connected.
I like this idea a lot. Maybe after I drive an EV a bit longer I will remember to plug in every time as part of my routine. As of today, I had to get out of bed twice this week already because I forgot to connect.

Reactions: drdumont
I do wish Youtube Music or Prime Music was integrated though.
It kind of reminds me of Comcast in the early days when all you could stream on their platform was NetFlix, YouTube and Crunchy Roll. Over time they've added Disney+, Hulu, etc

Choices are good and I think it would help to sell the premium connectivity if you could steam your platform of choice. I have already seen intermittent issues with bluetooth connectivity between my vehicle and mobile phone.

1. CarPlay or at least something better than current
  2. Have call favourites pop up when pressing phone option as opposed to the main address book - or at least make the tiny options at the top of the screen bigger to press as it takes me several attempts while bumping along to hit the right button
    1. Make favourite phone cards smaller leaving call button big so they all fit on the 15"!!!! screen
  3. Maybe use the screen space closest to driver for main inputs depending on what section you're in. I find it hard sometimes to have to reach to the other side of the car to press something that should be within reach for the app I'm currently using. Just devote the space where the car virtualisation is for "things the driver needs right now". I see ZERO value in devoting half the screen to a car virtualisation right where I'd want critical driver information as I drive
  4. Allow shuffle to remain on as default in Spotify play lists
  5. Support for Scottish accents for voice commands - totally useless feature for me right now as it does nothing I say
  6. Navigation zoom in closely at slow complex intersections (as it does on google maps in CarPlay)
  7. Keep maps on screen when changing music
  8. Allow user more scroll wheel functionality/customisation
    • Use scroll wheel to answer and cancel calls - having to fumble several times to hit a button at the base of the screen is annoying
    • Allow option for a scroll wheel to move temp up or down
  9. Allow driver to open other doors from main screen
  10. Keep reverse camera on when selecting say phone when reversing. I have to park then re-engage reverse for camera to reappear
  11. Use same UI language throughout for items greyed, coloured etc. In some menu items, it's not obvious if it's on, on standby or off as some items are greyed out and some are coloured greyed out. One for the UI guys to resolve so language is consistent.
  12. Front facing camera for parking - surprised there is not one in all Telsa's when my wife has better all round cameras in her Mazda including front view
  13. In general........for the largest screen in any car I've driven, just make better use of the real estate or allow the user to decide what they want to see and where on the screen.

Reactions: syoung