Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would be the resale value of the new Roadster within 6 months of its release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that anyone selling the new Roadster would not sell it for what he/she paid for it. It's price will be jacked up to at least $300,000 for the Founders version and $250,000 for the base version. This is due to the long waiting time of the new Roadster.

• Funny
Reactions: Tiger
If you put the $120K MSRP of a 2009 Roadster in the S&P 500 until now you'd have $576K. Even when vehicles "go up" in value they don't really match other investments.

The McLaren F1 that sells for $10M-$20M now? It was $850k in 1992- investing that money in the index would have you $14M today.

Reactions: AquaY
If you put the $120K MSRP of a 2009 Roadster in the S&P 500 until now you'd have $576K. Even when vehicles "go up" in value they don't really match other investments.

The McLaren F1 that sells for $10M-$20M now? It was $850k in 1992- investing that money in the index would have you $14M today.
Exactly right. And I'm still glad I bought the Roadster, because I never thought of it as investment, it's just a great toy.

Well, that and also because I was an early Tesla customer I got to buy TSLA at the IPO directly from the company (at $17/share) and *that* investment more than paid for the Roadster. So it actually kinda was a good investment. :)

I'm estimating ~50% depreciation in 5 years, based on when I bought my 2010 Roadster in 2015. So, about $20k / yr in depreciation, plus taxes, insurance, etc. I'm thinking it will cost me about $25k / yr, if I hold for 5 years. Is that about what you all are estimating?