Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would make you cancel your Model 3 Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope you have this all checked and re-checked. I think you will have to buy the car, pay the taxes, then he will have to buy the car from you and pay the taxes again?

Just be sure you know what will happen -- don't try to apply logic to California sales/use taxes.

oh god, no. it's all under my corporation. it can be complicated, i actually used to buy the cars under my corp and lease to myself and those under my corp. but for my model s i'm just doing a business lease through tesla because it actually calc'd better tax wise in my current situation. but yea actually most of the cars in my family and my business partners are leases under my corp. I think i'll eventually have a fleet of "company car" teslas my office lol

thx for the concern tho! ;)

Reactions: BerTX
oh god, no. it's all under my corporation. it can be complicated, i actually used to buy the cars under my corp and lease to myself and those under my corp. but for my model s i'm just doing a business lease through tesla because it actually calc'd better tax wise in my current situation. but yea actually most of the cars in my family and my business partners are leases under my corp. I think i'll eventually have a fleet of "company car" teslas my office lol

thx for the concern tho! ;)

sorry i meant lease the car to my corp not the corp to me

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX
The only creeping doubts I have is Elon's continuing relationship with the So Called President.

Yeah, that $300 a share stock pricing is going to absolutely destroy Tesla Motors. If Billary was elected, it would be $3000 a share by now and a Model 3 would be in each driveway already.

But not to worry. Jerry and Friends will do what they can to damage the EV industry ASAP. Jerry and Friends sold out to Big Oil and Big Unions. Just wait for the other shoe to drop.

Reactions: flankspeed8
What would make me cancel? If they put a gas engine in it. Or a water pump. Or an exhaust system. Or any other of the ICE stuff we are trying to avoid.

Sure range is important, but I run more than one car and a different vehicle could be the "winter trip to Florida" car.

Actually there is one more thing. I live in Nova Scotia. Nearest dealer is in Quebec. I hope things will improve, but a long distance trip to a dealer would tax my resolve.

• Informative
Reactions: internalaudit
Want to actually sit in a Model 3 to make sure the front seats are very comfortable and "fit" me and spouse - if not, then will cancel and probably look into getting a preowned Model S. Have test driven an S and know it was fine, but would prefer the smaller 3.

• Informative
I think the competition may make me cancel, though not immediately. I see no reason to not sit on the reservation for the time being, but with a sedan trunk instead of a hatch, the lack of instrument cluster or HUD, and all the anti-selling giving a rather break picture of the car, it is hard to see excited at this time. Hence things like the I-Pace capture more of my imagination at this time. If a better competitor comes along (I don't care about Supercharging), I will consider that instead.

I'm in no hurry to decide anything, this is just very early-days musings about replacing a second ICE with a BEV...

^^ THIS!

I'm surprised to see this many people on the chopping block with me. i think elon really botched this thing in terms of hyping it when unveiling the concept, then making almost no visible changes and anti-selling it in favor of the Model S. I've lost excitement over the vehicle and am heavily considering a 2018 XC60 instead. Prices should be out in a few weeks on those -- if I don't see anything compelling from Tesla by then (interior update on mule, super secret feature coming to model 3, pricing released with affordable upgrades, etc) I may switch to the dark side.

Reactions: Jayc
If I cannot sell my space in line or flip the car for a 100kw upgrade to my S...im cancelling a 3/31 reservation.

You should probably cancel your reservation.

I think flamingoezz put it well, I have definitely lost my fanaticism over the 3 even though I'm not canceling my res until I have to. Heck, I even framed my thank you letter. Lately I'm being pulled to the extreme dark side and have been researching a lot of trucks :/ I know, I even drive a Leaf right now!

I don't mind waiting but I'm going to need to see that this car is "worth" the money and can also alleviate the burdens that I've seen from my Leaf. It's fine for my little commuter world but I've had to turn down appointments in the past because my wife was also leaving the 40mi radius that the Leaf could handle.

Not sure anything would make me cancel mine. We want a luxury electric car (by luxury I mean something in the line of a C class or 3 series). If we don't buy the 3 we would likely buy a model s.. which hopefully we won't have to cuz I don't want to spend $80k in a freaking car.

There is just 0 competition from my perspective. The other car makers aren't doing anything and I suspect real competition will only come from future startups. The Ford Fiesta looking Chevy Bolt is laughable from my perspective. I mean it would be a nice $20k car don't get me wrong.. but $30k starting..?

Tesla would need to do something really bad for me to not buy the 3.

• Informative