Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you change about your model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something like this?

2xWV9Ym.jpg

We have owned BMW 7L series since the early 2000's. If there is one thing I could / would change about the Model S it would be the fit, trim, materials, etc of the interior. For a car costing $110+ including the upgraded interior, there is still no comparison. I would purchase a Model S over a BMW 7 in a heartbeat but every time I get in our AH7L there is just nothing that compares to it's comfort.

Storage. Storage. Storage... :) No door pockets, no center console storage (stock), no closable door on the small storage box below the touch screen, and a really small glove box.

I'd like to not have to purchase an additional $600+ accessory to get the storage I should have had stock with the car... :)

Jeff

Little things:
1) Placement of the front armrest cupholders--still hit them with my elbows
2) Windshield wiper stalk location--I have a 2013 build and can never see what mode the wipers are in--I think this is fixed in the newer bill where they swapped wiper and cruise control stalks

Its a testament to Tesla that, after 75K miles, thats all I can really complain about...

Bigger things:
3) CarPlay support
4) Give it a HUD -- I think all the AP info would be much better presented via a HUD

1. Fix the 7.x interface so that it can be read and isn't dumbed down.

2. A read-only diagnostics screen.

3. More range (less power is okay if that's what it takes)

4. A wiper cover for winter

5. A corner piece for the B pillar.

-Option to black out all the chrome trim. I've been planning to do that myself, but it would've been nice to have it as a factory option!
-Front center console should have been standard.
-Rear armrest/console that folds out from the middle seat. A simple Honda Accord has that option, but I have to buy a rear console instead? Man...
-Smaller overall vehicle size. Kind of difficult to park this behemoth sometimes!

Storage. Storage. Storage... :) No door pockets, no center console storage (stock), no closable door on the small storage box below the touch screen, and a really small glove box.

I'd like to not have to purchase an additional $600+ accessory to get the storage I should have had stock with the car... :)

Jeff

TOTALLY agree. Who ever was in charge of the interior design should be FIRED YEARS AGO for such a CRAPPY and USELESS interior design.
How could you have such a huge arm rest with NO STORAGE in it??
No cup holders under the storage cut out?? Which ties into the lack of any center console is a JOKE!
How about a pocket or drawer on the left side of the dash for change or parking cards?
Of course no door pockets is INEXCUSABLE!!
How hard is it to include 2 cup holders on the back of that huge center "arm rest" that sucks as an arm rest and cup holder???
Butt warms that include the front half on the new optional seats... because you know how the thighs don't get cold when it's 10 degrees. :/
Maybe some pockets behind the front seats?
Make the clock larger on the top edge of the dash or center screen so everyone can see it and the driver doesn't have to look all the way down to the bottom of the dash to see.
Make the mirrors unfold once you get underway even after you manually fold them to get into the garage. There's not reason I need to push a button to unfold once I'm going 20 mph.

And or course my complaint about not being able to select a driver profile from the key or app is RIDICULOUS!!

Last edited:
I thought I'd hate the lack of interior storage, but it turns out that I don't.

The door and console pockets of every other car I've owned slowly accumulate junk: paper napkins, pens, coins, mints, and all manner of other stuff. Because the MS has no place to stash junk... no junk accumulates. I don't think I could keep a car this neat if it had a bunch of nooks and cubbies.

My own wish list:

--A spare tire
--Better armrest in the driver's door
--Better center armrest
--Front seat head rests that are less bulbous
--A frunk lid that won't get bent if I close it "casually"

TOTALLY agree. Who ever was in charge of the interior design should be FIRED YEARS AGO for such a CRAPPY and USELESS interior design.
How could you have such a huge arm rest with NO STORAGE in it??
No cup holders under the storage cut out?? Which ties into the lack of any center console is a JOKE!
How about a pocket or drawer on the left side of the dash for change or parking cards?
Of course no door pockets is INEXCUSABLE!!
How hard is it to include 2 cup holders on the back of that huge center "arm rest" that sucks as an arm rest and cup holder???
Butt warms that include the front half on the new optional seats... because you know how the thighs don't get cold when it's 10 degrees. :/
Maybe some pockets behind the front seats?
Make the clock larger on the top edge of the dash or center screen so everyone can see it and the driver doesn't have to look all the way down to the bottom of the dash to see.
Make the mirrors unfold once you get underway even after you manually fold them to get into the garage. There's not reason I need to push a button to unfold once I'm going 20 mph.

And or course my complaint about not being able to select a driver profile from the key or app is RIDICULOUS!!

CRAPPY ... USELESS ... RIDICULOUS ... sucks ... JOKE ?

why on earth did you buy it then
- it's not as though pretty much all of these things are not easily observable prior to purchase.

Maybe you should have looked into your expensive purchase further before committing if you think it is that bad?

I agree that the cupholders are in a strange place and in place of an actual armrest if you use the cupholder.

I would also like a foldout center console in the rear for the times I only have two rear passengers. Having to install and uninstall the aftermarket one is drudgery, so I leave it out and use a crappy plastic one on the floor that I bought at Amazon.

I love the lack of pockets, small glovebox, no center console to hoard crap in, but just a nice big spot for my purse. It really makes the whole front area much more spacious.

This car stays the cleanest and least cluttered of any car I've ever had.

I love it!

after a couple months of ownership

A darker 19 inch wheel option
standard options for front console
arm rest that also has storage capabilities
b piller protection or redesign
air pressure display of individual tires
better nav use of topographical data
better egress from cabin for shorter drivers, i always rub the steering wheel and the bottom side foot panels which show wear, what ever its called.
its a deeper car and its harder to get in and out with out rubbing the side, the bottom and steering wheel...
With Tech package. auto opening Frunk.
better designed sun visors. and more sun protection on windshield around rear view mirror
better Nav response on trips to include charging options that come up along the way
redesigned rims to allow the tires to protect them better
I like the nose cone of my land ship.
maybe have optional nose cones that incorporate license plates of different countries. there for no brackets
Solar roof option like the Fisker \
that allows constant charging of the 12 volt battery and cabin air flow on hot days, Solar City option.
Still the best ride i have every driven.