Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you change about your model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  1. A blackout option from the factory for the chrome trim all over the car. Most other luxury manufacturers (BMW, Audi, Mercedes) offer a black trim option.
  2. Better build quality so I don't have to discover a new rattle on a daily basis.
  3. Door pockets
  4. Seat pockets behind front seats
  5. Rear cup holders
  6. Sun visor vanity mirrors that don't look like they came out of a fiesta. (I think the fiesta might be nicer?)
  7. Proper trunk lighting so you don't have to buy aftermarket bulbs
  8. Good looking factory wheels that aren't absurdly overpriced and ridiculously heavy. They are currently charging more than what a set of forged wheels cost to "upgrade" you to 21" cast wheels. (Reminds me of the way Apple used to charge for memory "upgrades")
  9. Painted rocker panels instead of cheap looking black plastic

CRAPPY ... USELESS ... RIDICULOUS ... sucks ... JOKE ?

why on earth did you buy it then
- it's not as though pretty much all of these things are not easily observable prior to purchase.

Maybe you should have looked into your expensive purchase further before committing if you think it is that bad?

Don't get all butt hurt because your precious car has TERRIBLE FLAWS.
Nothing I listed is asking for anything that's not already out there on other comparable cars.
My wife drives the car and we got it mainly for the carpool access. All the other electric cars out there won't reach her work and back.
But I do drive it from time to time and like the way it drives... but the interior ergonomics is pretty terrible.

There's a lot of other stuff that I could complain about, but the ones listed above need to be fixed first.

I must be in the minority because I appreciate not having a center console! I love that I can put my purse somewhere that isn't in the back seat or in front of the passenger seat. I also like the fact that there aren't pockets where passengers seem to always leave their garbage behind.

i would have liked a light for the mirror in the sun visor. Other than that, I haven't thought of anything else because I'm still in the honeymoon phase with it. :love:

TOTALLY agree. Who ever was in charge of the interior design should be FIRED YEARS AGO for such a CRAPPY and USELESS interior design.
How could you have such a huge arm rest with NO STORAGE in it??
No cup holders under the storage cut out?? Which ties into the lack of any center console is a JOKE!
How about a pocket or drawer on the left side of the dash for change or parking cards?
Of course no door pockets is INEXCUSABLE!!
How hard is it to include 2 cup holders on the back of that huge center "arm rest" that sucks as an arm rest and cup holder???
My wife and I loved the S interior the moment we first saw it, and still do 2 years and 37K miles later. You seem pretty unhappy with the interior (massive understatement?). Sounds like you bought the wrong car for your needs. I suggest you sell it and buy something else with more interior storage pockets and cup holders. You might be happier. You seem pretty agitated right now.
Have never had the late mirror unfolding issue you describe.
My 2013 S is not perfect (is anything?) but the flaws are so minor that I never think about them.

My Model S came a week after my birthday (11-3-15....a present to myself...Happy Birthday to me) and I LOVE it. I've only had it for 4 weeks and my only complaint (so far) is not having cup holder in the back. I did see a back console (on sale on panjo) and thinking of getting it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oops...11-30-15 not 11-3-15.

My Model S came a week after my birthday (11-3-15....a present to myself...Happy Birthday to me) and I LOVE it. I've only had it for 4 weeks and my only complaint (so far) is not having cup holder in the back. I did see a back console (on sale on panjo) and thinking of getting it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!!

My neighbor got one because of their kids and they love it.

Passenger-side seat memory settings, some way to hang laundry, some way to sort my favorites, and the ability to search within the Internet music channels.

These and grab handles. I've heard a few complaints from seniors struggling to exit.

I have and love the center console but still want a place for my purse. I've been contemplating a purse pouch but it might spoil the look.

That is blatantly uncalled for and "terrible" is a gross overstatement of reality. Go take a chill pill...

Jeff

You're WAY more agitated than I am. Keep in mind, my comments were NOT directed at any person here- only Tesla as a company for making some pretty basic mistakes on the interior. You obviously need the Xanax more than me. I only drive it a couple times a week.

My wife and I loved the S interior the moment we first saw it, and still do 2 years and 37K miles later. You seem pretty unhappy with the interior (massive understatement?). Sounds like you bought the wrong car for your needs. I suggest you sell it and buy something else with more interior storage pockets and cup holders. You might be happier. You seem pretty agitated right now.
Have never had the late mirror unfolding issue you describe.
My 2013 S is not perfect (is anything?) but the flaws are so minor that I never think about them.

What is it that I'm asking for that's unreasonable and not found in other comparably priced cars??? And I never said I didn't like the design of the interior, it just has some pretty obvious issus.
Show me another electric car with 200 mile range and can seat 5, and will allow me to charge on the way to Vegas, and I'll seriously consider trading it in.
Some of you guys need a Xanax bad. It's not like I'm insulting your wife or kids. I'm pointing out OBVIOUS FLAWS in an otherwise very nice car.

Last edited:
Front center console
rear fold down arm rest
door cards
LED interior lights
Self-controlled air-suspension

Conclusion: Better ergonomics and build quality.

Nice to haves: better cooling and braking systems for this car has the GO but no STOP and can't play for too long.