Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you do? Keep or replace this service damaged car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awful experience. I am sorry any Tesla customer had to endure that. $8K of concessions shows that they know they f*ed up. I personally *hate* repainting cars so this would have challenged my coping skills. I likely would have escalated beyond the local service center trying to get a new vehicle AND EAP and FSD for having to go through one of the worst buying experiences imaginable. I doubt that I would have been successful but your story is quite upsetting.

Awful experience. I am sorry any Tesla customer had to endure that. $8K of concessions shows that they know they f*ed up. I personally *hate* repainting cars so this would have challenged my coping skills. I likely would have escalated beyond the local service center trying to get a new vehicle AND EAP and FSD for having to go through one of the worst buying experiences imaginable. I doubt that I would have been successful but your story is quite upsetting.

Yea, I probably could have pushed harder but I had to move past this - trust me though when I say getting to EAP + FSD + the issues/damage repaired was a real struggle in and of itself. It wasn't like they offered that to me right away apologizing for this crazy experience. I wouldn't have reordered without a decent concession like EAP because I have seen others with way less sketchy of situations still get EAP on a repurchase... The cars on the lot did look better than mine, but it's a roll of the dice with Tesla quality right now unfortunately. There were plenty of new cars with repair order slips lined up so it just felt like it wasn't worth the gamble provided this car turns out to be in sound condition other than fit/finish.