Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you give up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
What would you give up to lower the price of a Model Y and what would you like added? Give up:
  • Motorized front seats
  • Driver profiles
  • Motorized rear lift gate (pneumatic lift assist is fine)
  • Motorized charge door (spring-loaded is fine)
Add:
  • Model S style Instrument cluster
  • Homelink
  • Cloth seat option

Last edited:
What would you give up to lower the price of a Model Y and what would you like added? Give up:
  • Motorized front seats
  • Driver profiles
  • Motorized rear lift gate (pneumatic lift assist is fine)
  • Motorized charge door (spring-loaded is fine)
Add:
  • Model S style Instrument cluster
  • Homelink
  • Cloth seat option
From the "give up" list, the only one I think is purely for show is the charge door, so if I had to give something up it would be that.

From the "add" list, Homelink. I get that it may be going the way of the dodo in favor of wi-fi control, but we're not there yet. Until Tesla allows the cars to run the Genie and Chamberlain apps, Homelink is still a near-necessity for many people.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Why is it necessary to lower the price? I agree about the charge door but want the rest of the ‘give ups’. I’d add a heated steering wheel, sunscreen for the glass roof and cargo area cover.

To make it more affordable? It doesn't need to be a "luxury" car -- I bought it for the computer technology like FSD, not all the electronic doodads that every other high end car has.